RC Power boats

William Hanna

May 29, 2024, 8:56:44 PMMay 29
to Halifax Makerspace
Hi everyone,
would anyone know if there is a RC power boat club in Halifax/Dartmouth?

I know there is an RC sailing boat club but I can't find anything on RC power boats.

Thanks,
William

Adam Cox

May 30, 2024, 1:56:49 PMMay 30
to Halifax Makerspace
Depends if you're looking for speed or scale. There is the Maritime Ship Modelers Guild and some of them do RC scale stuff. https://shipmodelersguild.wordpress.com/ Maritime Hobbies & Crafts carries some stuff for scale boats. There is a shop in Burnside called Mighty Small Cars, but they appear to have some RC speed boats and they may know if there is a local club. https://www.facebook.com/p/Mighty-Small-Cars-Limited-100053403206361/ Great Hobbies is opening a location in Dartmouth Crossing and says it should be open in June. They carry a variety of RC boat stuff so you may want to check in with them when they open. https://www.greathobbies.com/about/hours/#Halifax

Cheers,
Adam

William Hanna

May 31, 2024, 5:44:50 AMMay 31
to Halifax Makerspace
Thanks Adam, the local RC shops where my next port of call.

I was just trying to find if there where any clubs/people building and  racing high speed power boats like 1/8th scale hydroplanes. It seemed like something Makerspace people might be into!

I created a Facebook group if anyone else is interested in build and racing some RC boats: Dartmouth RC Power Boat Club:

William