Brainwar Volunteers

Chris McDonald

Feb 18, 2015, 8:58:34 AM2/18/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Discovery Centre is doing it's annual Brainwar fundraiser this weekend and I'm looking for a few people to help out with the tech side of things.

We run a web based scoring and timing system. This requires us to setup 31 laptops between the 25 task stations and 6 rooms.  All the laptops boot off a custom linux live CD that will automatically connect to a wifi network we setup and open a full screen browser on the task list. The 6 timing displays will just boot to what ever OS and we will manually connect to wifi and open the timing page.

Setup is on Friday from 10AM onward. We will be in SMU's Loyola Conference Hall. We may or may not be there that evening so drop me an email if your planning on helping out later in that day.

The main event runs from 9am till 3:30pm on saturday followed by the finals finishing around 5pm. We could use some help through out the day to keep an eye on things. It would be great to have a few hands help pack everything up during the finals.

Pizza will be provided.

Thanks
--
Chris McDonald

Baha Baydar

Feb 18, 2015, 1:05:56 PM2/18/15
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to ask for time off after the meeting last week. Might be short notice but I'll see if I can get a few hours at least.

Baha

--

---

Baha Baydar                      http://www.hyperion.org