Job Opportunity

Johnny

Apr 29, 2011, 2:59:13 PM4/29/11
to Halifax, NS PHP Developers Group
May 1, 2011

Application Developer

We are looking for a unique and talented individual to join our
winning team. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a
cohesive unit with management and our development team and at the same
time be comfortable interacting with clients. The ideal candidate
takes great pride in being a dynamic and effective problem-solver.
Key duties include:
* Architecting, developing, and deploying both internal and client-
facing web applications. That’s fancy for sometimes it’s ours and
sometimes it’s the client’s product that needs your skills.
* Supporting, troubleshooting, and refactoring existing legacy
code from 1952. OK, maybe not that old.
* Being a superstar for your clients and your teammates.
* Adapting like a chameleon on a day to day, hour to hour basis,
with the ability to change focus from client to client, project to
project with little lead time. If you want a boring place to work,
follow the instructions below:
1. Print document.
2. Crumple document.
3. Burn document.
4. Throw remaining ashes in a fire-safe bin.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate and deliver the
following:
* Ability to work with others, a good sense of humor, flexibility,
and it’s an asset if you’re a sports fan.
* Proficiency with Object Oriented PHP 5, REST API experience in
PHP, PHP CLI and socket client/server as well as XML RPC, MySQL and
advanced caching techniques.
*Experience with a distributed version control system. We use
Bazaar but that’s not a must; just don’t break our stuff!
* Drupal 5 and 6 experience very nice to have but not a must for a
PHP god.
* Nice to have some Unix or Linux experience.
*Some experience with MS technologies including VB.net, MSSQL, ASP/
ASP.net are all nice to have in helping support legacy systems.
*Nice to have some front-end development skills including Flash,
AJAX, JQuery, CSS, HTML 5, and image manipulation.
*Obviously based on the above we’re looking for an intermediate to
senior level developer. 3 years experience is a must and candidates
with 5+ years of experience are preferred.

Do you have design patterns books on your desk? Do you attend PHP
conferences? Do you wear PHP t shirts to work? Did you easily meet
most of the requirements above? Then you’re a straight up nerd and if
you play nice, we’d love to have a chat and see if you’re a fit for
our company!

Please contact John Bunge, VP Content Services, at jo...@getchalk.com
or via telephone at (902) 446-4438 ext. 229 if interested.