PureMVC

George Anderson

Oct 26, 2009, 3:46:07 PM10/26/09
to Halifax, NS PHP Developers Group
Just wondering if anyone has used this before and if it's any good?
Just heard of some people talking about it, but never really used it
before.

http://puremvc.org/

Jonathan

Oct 26, 2009, 7:27:39 PM10/26/09
to Halifax, NS PHP Developers Group
Looks pretty intense. But symfony is my game. http://www.symfony-project.org

George Anderson

Oct 26, 2009, 8:10:26 PM10/26/09
to Halifax, NS PHP Developers Group
Yeah it does look quite intense. I downloaded the package and took a
look inside but not sure if it's something I would use or not. Been
looking into CakePHP and it seems to have everything I could possibly
want plus really nice documentation which is a bonus. The
installation notes could use a bit of updating but overall its not
bad. I have heard of symfony and many people seem to like that as
well. Never really looked into that framework but seems similar to
CakePHP.

Brandon Kolybaba

Oct 26, 2009, 8:17:04 PM10/26/09
to halifax-ns-php-...@googlegroups.com
I hope I am not speaking out of turn here but if anyone is looking for a good modern extensible RAD framework we open sourced ours back in January. We modeled it after cake and ruby on rails --> www.dashboardwebapp.com It's growing in popularity.

Thanks,
Brandon Kolybaba
President | Norex.ca
211 Horseshoe Lake Dr., Halifax, NS Canada B3S 0B9
Office Phone: 902.444.3335
Direct Line: 902.442.4064
Fax: 902.446.7043
Toll-Free: 1.866.NOREX-CA (667-3922)

NOTICE - We are now hiring programmers at Norex.ca: http://www.norex.ca/content/Careers

Jonathan

Oct 31, 2009, 1:20:30 PM10/31/09
to Halifax, NS PHP Developers Group

At first glance it seems more like a simpler version of drupal, but
definitely worth checking out. Thanks.

On Oct 26, 9:17 pm, Brandon Kolybaba <bran...@norex.ca> wrote:
> I hope I am not speaking out of turn here but if anyone is looking for a
> good modern extensible RAD framework we open sourced ours back in January.
> We modeled it after cake and ruby on rails -->www.dashboardwebapp.comIt's
> growing in popularity.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon Kolybaba
> President | Norex.ca
> 211 Horseshoe Lake Dr., Halifax, NS Canada B3S 0B9
> Office Phone: 902.444.3335
> Direct Line: 902.442.4064
> Fax: 902.446.7043
> Toll-Free: 1.866.NOREX-CA (667-3922)
>
> NOTICE - We are now hiring programmers at Norex.ca:http://www.norex.ca/content/Careers
>
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 9:10 PM, George Anderson <gander...@azorus.com>wrote:
>

> > Yeah it does look quite intense.  I downloaded the package and took a
> > look inside but not sure if it's something I would use or not.  Been
> > looking into CakePHP and it seems to have everything I could possibly
> > want plus really nice documentation which is a bonus.  The
> > installation notes could use a bit of updating but overall its not
> > bad.  I have heard of symfony and many people seem to like that as
> > well.  Never really looked into that framework but seems similar to
> > CakePHP.
>
> > On Oct 26, 8:27 pm, Jonathan <jjmon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Looks pretty intense.  But symfony is my game.
> >http://www.symfony-project.org

Brandon Kolybaba

Oct 31, 2009, 2:16:54 PM10/31/09
to halifax-ns-php-...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, we love drupal but found it wasn't a great application framework and made us less efficient then we needed to be.

On Oct 26, 9:17 pm, Brandon Kolybaba <bran...@norex.ca> wrote: > I hope I am not speaking out of tu...

> We modeled it after cake and ruby on rails -->www.dashboardwebapp.comIt's

> growing in popularity. > > Thanks, > Brandon Kolybaba > President | Norex.ca > 211 Horseshoe Lake ...

trevor...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2009, 4:30:10 PM10/31/09
to halifax-ns-php-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon,

This does look pretty good. Do you have any performance metrics vs Drupal or any other frameworks? Have you guys used it for any high performance/availability sites yet?

Thanks,

Trevor

From: Brandon Kolybaba <bra...@norex.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:16:54 -0300
Subject: [phpns-dev] Re: PureMVC

Brandon Kolybaba

Oct 31, 2009, 4:41:15 PM10/31/09
to halifax-ns-php-...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, it was designed with that in mind actually. On the yahoo plugin for firefox we are getting in the high 90's and even up to 99 where most drupal projects were in the 75-85 range. I'm honestly not the best guy to ask about it but if you email them at the dashboard project they can give you specifics. I think rivardlegal.com is a recent site (very simple) that you can test

> > On Oct 31, 2009 2:49 PM, "Jonathan" <jjmo...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > At first glance it seem...

trevor...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2009, 9:25:22 AM11/1/09
to halifax-ns-php-...@googlegroups.com