"Trip reports"? Any more details/data (from Peeps in Space or others)?

Brian Davis

Aug 6, 2008, 10:25:28 AM8/6/08
to HALE TEAMS
I just saw the write-up on the Peeps in Space payload on the
MINDSTORMS website:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/news/

Congratulations! I didn't know you had a commercial pressure sensor on
the payload as well. I was wondering if you have any data (pressure or
otherwise) that you could share with us, as there are some issues
right now with the two pressure datasets we do have, and a third might
help. It looks like a fantastic experiment, and I can't wait to see
what you find when the payload gets there. Will you have to wait for
school to start, or is the team still in contact?

And if anyone else has any data or descriptions, I'd love to hear
them / see them. The REEL-E experiment looks great, and I'd love to
hear how it went (and also see more detailed pictures of the internal
structure and operation).

I've also noticed that my payloads have been shipped back - they
should be here in a couple days. I can't wait to see what they look
like (or more to the point, what the impacts did to them :) ).

How many payloads had minifig "pilots"? I know Eric regularly includes
one in the GPS/Radio payload. Mine each had one (or more, for Gypsy...
hey, it was a complex mission :) ), but I'm not sure which others
might have had such "pilots". Anybody? I'm trying to write down
thoughts and ideas, as well as a description of the mission from all
sorts of different viewpoints - those of each team, the ground crew,
etc. Anything anyone can contribute to this would be much appreciated,
including personal reflections on what it was like to be part of this
experience (from both kids and adults).

--
Brian Davis