"Brix-Catcher - H.A.L.E. 2008" is coming

Eugene

Jul 20, 2008, 9:00:55 AM7/20/08
to HALE TEAMS
Dear teams,

Finally, I got the payload sent yesterday. It will arrive Reno on
Monday.

Because of the experiment, which is designed trying to catch something
out there by using SKC Stick-To-It passive air sampling sticky tape,
the payload was named "Brix-Catcher - H.A.L.E. 2008".

In addition to the passive air sampling sticky tape, I also added one
video camera to capture something for memory in case the sticky tapes
catch nothing from the air. I also found it a good alternative heater!

I asked Taiwan teams to post some photos and words about their works.
Here is the blog link:
http://brixrobot.blogspot.com/

The contents are written mostly in Chinese, except the ones from
Justin Team.

I'll prepare the one-page report in English for Eric's post.

Regards,
Eugene

Brian Davis

Jul 20, 2008, 9:56:25 AM7/20/08
to HALE TEAMS
> I also added one video camera to capture something for memory in
> case the sticky tapes catch nothing from the air. I also found it a
> good alternative heater!

<grin>. I would love information on both the camera system you used,
as well as just how much heat it produced and how long it will operate
for! That looks like a very nice small package, and I'd love to fly
something similar (next time). The method I use for Gypsy is fun and
innovative, but the "next version" needs to be stripped down more like
yours - please, details if possible, it looks very good!

> I asked Taiwan teams to post some photos and words about their works.
> Here is the blog link:http://brixrobot.blogspot.com/

I really wish I read Chinese, and thank Justin for us for writing in
English. This looks like a really wonderful & well-designed payload,
and I can't wait to see it go up! Well done!

--
Brian Davis

Eric

Jul 20, 2008, 10:04:54 PM7/20/08
to HALE TEAMS
Eugene,
Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing it first hand. Correct me if
I'm wrong, but that looks like a video camera not a still image
camera.

Eric

David Levy

Jul 21, 2008, 12:13:13 AM7/21/08
to hale-...@googlegroups.com

FLL 90 Shipping tomorrow morning!!!!!

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:04:54 -0700 (PDT), Eric wrote

fll90-shipping 001.jpg
fll90-shipping 002.jpg

Eugene

Jul 21, 2008, 10:18:21 PM7/21/08
to HALE TEAMS
Hi Brian,

The camera and digital video recorder (DVR) were sponsored by
Everfocus (a security product manufacturer in Taiwan). Everfocus
provided me two samples, which were the only ones left from a 3000-pcs
project for taxi, and I burned one in a test. With a 2G bytes memory
card, it could record up to 8 hours of video. However, due to the
limitation set by the batteries, it ran for 2 hours before batteries
were out. How much heat does it generate? Sorry, I did not have proper
set up to get some numbers. For your future project, let me try
Everfocus if they could find more samples to support you, and maybe
LEGO fans!

For the blog post written in Chinese, I plan to make a summary in
English for sharing.

Regards,
Eugene

Eugene

Jul 21, 2008, 10:21:58 PM7/21/08
to HALE TEAMS
Yes, it is a video camera to record motion pictures. However, it uses
special format and requires vendor provided reader to transfer it to
avi format.