New HAL Client

Icke Bins

Dec 6, 2021, 4:28:44 PM12/6/21
to HAL Discuss
Hi,

I created a new HAL Client. Primary intent was to test our own HAL APIs and to present a not too technical UI a non-developer can understand.

Can be found here:

Examples:

This is version 0.1 - the first try. So please be patient with the result :)

-----

HAL Client can be used to try out HAL and HAL-FORMS APIs.

  • Supported response content types are: application/prs.hal-forms+json, application/hal+json and application/json. All other types are displayed in a sandboxed iframe.

  • HAL-FORMS are supported for content types application/json, application/x-www-form-urlencoded and multipart/form-data.

  • The app is created with plain HTML/CSS/ES, no frameworks, no build.

  • Manually tested (clicked through) against: https://rwcbook08.herokuapp.com/task/ and https://hypermedia-movies-demo.herokuapp.com/api. Thanks to Mike Amundsen and Kai Tödter for providing these example apps.

Configuration
  • Done via the uri fragment (anything after the # in the URL).

  • config parameters are separated by ~

  • parameters

    • uri: the URI template of the HAL resource to inspect
    • headers: optional request headers like "authentication"
    • theme: dark or light
PlannedLicenseContribute
  • Bugs, feature requests etc - create an issue.

  • Features, bugfixes etc. - create a pull request.

  • Any code polishing is always welcome.

  • Formatter: deno fmt for js, css/html: vscode built-in

  • Test: deno test