Optimization: symlink _site files instead of copying

Gwern Branwen

Jul 22, 2020, 3:04:16 PM7/22/20
to hakyll
Hakyll users with many large static files which just get copied into
the compiled version may be interested in my prototype patch for
providing a symlink compiler instead of a copying-file compiler:
https://github.com/jaspervdj/hakyll/issues/786

While my website is rather extreme, anyone with a few gigabytes of
static files might find this a worthwhile optimization to consider, as
it'll put less pressure on temporary storage space & compile faster.
(Even on SSD, it takes time to copy around a few gigabytes.)

--
gwern
https://www.gwern.net