EqualiTECH - Human rights hackathon

Arianit Dobroshi

Dec 1, 2020, 7:08:06 AM12/1/20
to haklab, Valmir Mustafa

Dear HackLab friends,

First time posting here I think.

I am writing to inform you that together with Civil Rights Defenders, FLOSSK is organizing the human rights hackathon, EqualiTECH, which is coming on 11-13 December 2020!

EqualiTECH is a regional hackathon that uses the technological potential of young people in the Western Balkans for the fight against injustice and inequality. The hackathon will be held online and is open to all participants aged 18-35 from the Western Balkans countries.

EqualiTECH 2020 challenges are:

  1. Access to legal services for marginalized communities;

  2. Identifying friendly places for minority groups;

  3. Identifying the challenges that human rights organizations are facing with access to justice during the COVID-19 pandemic;

  4. Addressing access to information during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The two winning teams will be cash awarded and will continue to work for 6 weeks to finalize their solutions. For more information about the challenges, criteria, and awards, please go to this link "EqualiTECH - Hackathon for Human Rights.

Deadline for the application is 6th of December.

We would be very happy if you could share this event on your valuable network or to apply if you have any idea that you want to expand, or propose this event to those who might be interested.

Would appreciate any advice from you on how to reach the right people in Serbia or in the region.

Stay safe!
Arianit
FLOSSK