ProjectStats - new plugin

magland

Sep 5, 2008, 11:00:36 AM9/5/08
to HaiQ Development
I added a new plugin called projectstats (you'll need to qmake -
recursive and then make)

It's an example of how to create a plugin that adds a command to the
project menu... in this case, the command shows how many source files
and how many lines of code are in your project.

I commented the code...

https://haiq.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/haiq/src/plugins/extra/projectstats/projectstats.cpp
https://haiq.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/haiq/src/plugins/extra/projectstats/projectstats.h
https://haiq.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/haiq/src/plugins/extra/projectstats/projectstats.pro

Jeremy

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Sep 5, 2008, 1:51:17 PM9/5/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Great plugin :)

How many lines and source code files are in HaiQ? :D

jeremy....@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2008, 2:38:12 PM9/5/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas <jgvald...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great plugin :)

How many lines and source code files are in HaiQ? :D

HaiQ has around 76,000 lines of code (at least on my computer - but I have some extra experimental stuff). But I am pleased to say that around 70,000 of these lines are in plugins. And haiqcoreinterface.pro consists of only 2,600 lines of code. All communication (between plugins) is through the haiqcoreinterface.

Christian Dähn

Feb 10, 2009, 1:54:31 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

after a long pause I have some great news:

- since today we have a new project website
- and a new domain (thanks to Stephan)
 http://www.haiq.info
- everybody** now can submit bug and feature requests
- everybody** can post into the new forum

**you have to register (see upper right)

It would be great, if you take a look to our new page!
Further I appreciate any help to keep the page alive
and up to date.

So everybody of you is invited to help - just
mail me and I provide you admin rights
(@Jeremy: your account already is admin).

Best regards,
Chris

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Feb 10, 2009, 2:02:04 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
GREAT! Thanks Christian!! (and Stephan for the domain)

Feel free to mail me if you need any help with the website. You
already know that i'm here to help with anything i can.

:)

btw, the website looks great :) So.. when do we add debugger ticket(s)? :D

Christian Dähn

Feb 10, 2009, 2:05:13 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jose!

>GREAT! Thanks Christian!! (and Stephan for the domain)

Thanks!

>Feel free to mail me if you need any help with the website. You
>already know that i'm here to help with anything i can.

Just register and I give you the permissions/rights...

>btw, the website looks great :) So.. when do we add debugger ticket(s)? :D

Look here:   http://projects.3dh.de/haiq/ticket/4
...and feel free to add comments or edit the ticket description :)

ciao,
Chris

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Feb 10, 2009, 2:06:40 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Already registered :) (as jgvaldecasas... my google group id iirc )

Christian Dähn

Feb 10, 2009, 2:18:52 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Jose,

your'e registered as developer and admin now.

The Trac system is mostly self-explanatory, but on questions
just have a look here:

http://projects.3dh.de/haiq/wiki/TracGuide

The whole Trac system contains highlighted keywords linked
to the help pages - e.g. in the footer or directly above edit fields.

If anybody has questions don't hesitate to ask me :)

ciao,
Chris

Christian Dähn

Feb 10, 2009, 2:20:32 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
HINT:

If you want to EDIT anything, there is a "wysiwyg" mode
which can be enabled by a radio button in the upper right
corner of each text area.

ciao,
Chris

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Feb 10, 2009, 2:21:37 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, i will investigate the trac system today and tomorrow.. and i
will include any ticket i consider necesary :)

Once more, great work

jeremy....@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2009, 2:25:47 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy

Christian Dähn

Feb 10, 2009, 2:36:58 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy,

I thought about that - for the next few weeks we should continue
to use the mailing list.

The next step is an email notification for tickets - maybe this can -
together with the forum - replace the mailing list.

ciao,
Chris

jeremy....@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2009, 2:43:51 PM2/10/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
ok, sounds good.

Christian Dähn

Aug 12, 2009, 4:21:18 PM8/12/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm going into holidays for the next two weeks and plan to reserve a few
days for enhancing HaiQ a little bit - see the new tickets at  http://www.haiq.info

A few questions to all of you:

- how are you?
- is anybody still using HaiQ?  or do you use othe IDEs (like QtCreator) right now?
- has anybody urgent feature requests or bugs which must be solved?
- has anybody time to help me (e.g. building a Win32 download package for HaiQ etc.)?

I'm looking forward to hear from you :-)

Greetings from Germany,
Chris

http://www.haiq.info

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Aug 13, 2009, 10:27:04 AM8/13/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

nice to hear from you :)

First of all, i'm fine :) These days i'm finishing my actual job,
which in few words could be described as repairing a sea wall in a
port here in Spain. So, as soon as i finish it, and before moving to a
new construction site, i will have some "holidays".

I do use HaiQ, although my few spare time means that i don't even
consider improving it right now. That is... as it does work, and i
can't really find time for improvements (which i can't really use),
then i'm just an user right now :)

Which answers all your questions, isn't it? Maybe if i have some spare
time in 2 or 3 weeks i can try to help you, but not right now. Also, i
need to finish coding a project before doing anything else.

sorry.

I hope that everything is going ok in Germany.

Enjoy your holidays!

Jose

jeremy....@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2009, 11:11:51 AM8/13/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris, all.
Thanks for sending the mail, nice to hear from you. I am a major
"user" of HaiQ (probably use it 4+ hrs per day). It suits my needs,
and I have not focused on improving it. Furthermore, which is bad
news, I am now maintaining my own version of the source code :(.... so
that causes trouble ... but I didn't feel like I was getting much out
of the small development community. I haven't made many changes, but
it's just a matter of where I hook up the svn, and how I share with
co-workers etc. I would be interested in answering questions or
helping out in further development, if there is renewed interest in
that.
Cheers!
Jeremy

Christian Dähn

Aug 27, 2009, 6:14:42 PM8/27/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

>Thanks for sending the mail, nice to hear from you. I am a major
>"user" of HaiQ (probably use it 4+ hrs per day). It suits my needs,
>and I have not focused on improving it.

Currently I and my two colleagues use HaiQ for 8+ hours per day (each user) -
so we can beat that ;-)

>Furthermore, which is bad news, I am now maintaining my own version of the
>source code :(.... so that causes trouble ... but I didn't feel like I was getting much out
>of the small development community. I haven't made many changes, but
>it's just a matter of where I hook up the svn, and how I share with
>co-workers etc. I would be interested in answering questions or
>helping out in further development, if there is renewed interest in
>that.

That are really really bad news :-(

So whats about setting up a new joined svn on our project server?
I can give you a user account (SSH) so you get direct control over the
repository - the new svn server would get an address like:

svn://projects.3dh.de/haiq/trunk/

Currently you can test the mirrored server (read only):
svn://projects.3dh.de/haiq-mirror/

I could do the (unbeloved) merging task to get your and the public
subversion repository together.

What do you think about it?

Kind Regards from Northern Germany,
Chris

jeremy....@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2009, 6:39:52 AM8/28/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,
Okay, I'm back on board! Let's start with your mirror, and I will
merge in any changes I have. I am currently checking out your
repository, and compiling it. Then we can take it from there. One
major issue is that the designer integration does not seem to be
compatible with Qt4.5 (as Jose pointed out some time ago), so I guess
I'll need to work on that at some point. For now I am still using
Qt4.4.3. Which version are you using?
Jeremy

Christian Dähn

Aug 28, 2009, 8:19:30 AM8/28/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

>Okay, I'm back on board! Let's start with your mirror, and I will
>merge in any changes I have.

The mirror is just read only - so please use the svn of sourceforge first,
if everything is merged, we can set up a completely new and clean
repository as  svn://projects.3dh.de/haiq

The mirror currently is only used by the Trac system / the webinterface,
because Trac needs physical access to the repository files.

>I am currently checking out your repository, and compiling it.
>Then we can take it from there. One
>major issue is that the designer integration does not seem to be
>compatible with Qt4.5 (as Jose pointed out some time ago), so I guess
>I'll need to work on that at some point. For now I am still using
>Qt4.4.3. Which version are you using?

The last Qt version I used for building HaiQ fro productive usage was 4.4.3 -
but currently I'm working with 4.5.2 - with the same linker problems of
the designer plugin.

It seems that the new QMake has problems to build the DLL and it's
import library correctly - the import lib doesn't contain all classes.

If we cannot fix it in short time, I could try to solve it via the Qt commercial
support (I'm commercial customer).

ciao,
Chris

Christian Dähn

Aug 28, 2009, 8:20:39 AM8/28/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
PS: If you already checked out all sources from the mirror
     you can switch the svn url to the SourceForge repository
     with the "svn switch" command.

ciao,
Chris

Christian Dähn

Oct 16, 2009, 9:15:19 PM10/16/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

today I launched the new domain   www.haiq-ide.org  with a redesigned
webpage, because the forwarding of  www.haiq.info  was shut off unannounced.

Further I set up a new subversion repository containing the current revision
and a patched version of Jeremy (which I'll merge into the main revision
the next days). So this replaces the repository from sourceforge -
you have to check it out into a new/clean directory.

So here the new addresses:

http://www.haiq-ide.org

svn://haiq-ide.org/haiq/trunk/

To check in changes into the new repository you need new accounts -
please send me a mail with your wished username and password and
you'll get it asap.

If you want to post into the forum or help adding some content (it's all click & play),
just click on "Register" in the upper right corner. To get rights to change the
pages, just drop me a short mail.

Kind regards from Germany,
Chris

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Oct 17, 2009, 6:00:47 AM10/17/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info, the domain and the website Chris :)

Regards from Spain ;)

Jose

Christian Dähn

Oct 17, 2009, 11:21:16 PM10/17/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

today I finished adding all of Jeremy's patches and added some
little chages, too.

@Jeremy:  I added an icon for your build target "make install".

For more details just visit  http://www.haiq-ide.org/

* new Blog (so posting news is much easier)
* eMail-Notification for new forum posts, ticket changes etc.

...everybody can see what changed in the sources + website by
going to "Timeline" =>  http://www.haiq-ide.org/haiq/timeline

ciao,
Chris

Diego Iastrubni

Oct 18, 2009, 5:36:23 AM10/18/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
small question:

fork or new deladership? What happens with the old project?

jeremy....@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2009, 8:00:55 AM10/18/09
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris, looks great... i'll try to compile tomorrow.

Diego, this is more of a "merge" than a "fork". I had been updating my private version of the code (sorry everyone) so now Chris has been putting in the effort to get everybody back on track.

Jeremy