Please, introduce yourself to the group

magland

Mar 5, 2008, 6:55:38 AM3/5/08
to HaiQ Development
Hi everyone,

Please take a minute to introduce yourself to the group by responding
to this post.

* Whare are you from, and what language do you speak?
* Are you interested in helping to develop HaiQ? If so, what role
would you like to play? If you would like to be acknowledged in the
HaiQ about box, please tell me your name.
* What operating system(s) do you use?
* What would you like to see happen with HaiQ in the future.
* Anything else you want to share.

Thanks, Jeremy

I'll start.......

* Whare are you from, and what language do you speak? *
I live in Philadelphia, U.S.A., and only speak english. I am the
original author/creator of HaiQ.

* Are you interested in helping to develop HaiQ? If so, what role
would you like to play? If you would like to be acknowledged in the
HaiQ about box, please tell me your name. *
I am interested in developing HaiQ further, but appreciate help, since
I have a number of projects to work on.

* What operating system(s) do you use? *
I primarily use windows, but occasionally linux. Never Mac, but some
day that might change... for example if I ever own a Mac.

* What would you like to see happen with HaiQ in the future. *
I would like to see HaiQ grow in its usefulness while maintaining its
simplicity and transparency. First priority should always be on
stability and basic usability... then add the more advanced
capabilities when the time is right. I also want to be able to
incorporate components of HaiQ into other projects, such as ChainLink.

* Anything else you want to share. *
I appreciate everyone's help so far!

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Mar 5, 2008, 5:14:07 PM3/5/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Ok... let's be the second one :)

* Whare are you from, and what language do you speak?
I'm from Spain. I speak spanish and english. I do also speak portuguese, but have not practiced it for few years.

* Are you interested in helping to develop HaiQ?  If so, what role
would you like to play? If you would like to be acknowledged in the
HaiQ about box, please tell me your name.

The answer to that is yes :)  I already help Jeremy developing some pieces of code, bugfixing and with translations.

* What operating system(s) do you use?

Windows XP and Linux. (OpenSuse 32 and 64bits)

* What would you like to see happen with HaiQ in the future.

Good question... first of all, i'd like to se HaiQ as an IDE that can be used to develop Qt software without needing extra stuff. That will mean debugging, maybe svn control, and who else knows. Once HaiQ reaches that milestone... i will consider what else it should have.

And that's all, folks ;)

icoz

Mar 6, 2008, 6:23:30 AM3/6/08
to HaiQ Development
> * Whare are you from, and what language do you speak?
I am from Moscow, Russia. I speak Russian and English a little.

> * Are you interested in helping to develop HaiQ? If so, what role
> would you like to play? If you would like to be acknowledged in the
> HaiQ about box, please tell me your name.
Yes. Russian translator, tester and as bug-fixer. May be - developer,
but I need to understand internal logic of program.

> * What operating system(s) do you use?
I mostly use Linux now (Kubuntu 7.10, OpenSUSE 10.3, Sabayon 3.4f).
But I used to use Windows. (2000 and XP)
So I have many platforms for testing.

> * What would you like to see happen with HaiQ in the future.
I NEED DEBUGGER! For debug I now use QDevelop.

> * Anything else you want to share.
I am a student now in MAI (Moscow Aviation Institute). I'm writting my
diploma work now. But I have expirience in administration servers.
I can write programs on C++, Deplhi, pascal, perl, php (a little). I'm
engineer-programmer for almost 6 years.
And I'm 22 years old. :) I like Linux very much, so i want help
community to help Linux grow up.

Thanks.

SamT

Mar 6, 2008, 10:37:42 AM3/6/08
to HaiQ Development
* Whare are you from, and what language do you speak?
I am from Taipei, Taiwan, a small island but creat a numberous
electronic products. I speak mandarin(Chinese), Taiwanese and
English.

* Are you interested in helping to develop HaiQ? If so, what role
would you like to play? If you would like to be acknowledged in the
HaiQ about box, please tell me your name.
I am interested in helping to develop but I am a hardware engineer.
Only few experience regarding software porting during my work.
Although I always work with software engineer to solve issues daily, I
still wrote some small tool to control my hardware part. So, QT is a
very good tool to me to build a GUI instead of command line with
various parameters. For HaiQ, maybe I will try to write some plugins
first.

* What operating system(s) do you use?
Only windows XP (SP2) are available at the moment. I am considering to
buy a MAC book pro in the coming month.

* What would you like to see happen with HaiQ in the future.
The debug function is very importand to HaiQ. Up to now, only few IDEs
are supportted debug function with QT. But no one has tag function as
I saw in HaiQ. Second, I try to compare HaiQ and 'source insight'. The
tag function of HaiQ is similar then source insight but still have
gap. This could be changed in coming major released.

* Anything else you want to share.
I start from Chinese translator to help HaiQ. If you find any
translate bug, please let me know. I will update as soon as possible.

Christian Dähn

Mar 6, 2008, 1:06:39 PM3/6/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> * Whare are you from, and what language do you speak?

I'm Chris and I'm from northern Germany (at the baltic sea)
and speak german, english, french (and currently learning
japanese and spanish). C++/Qt under linux is my favorite
programming environment since year 2000.

> * Are you interested in helping to develop HaiQ? If so, what role
> would you like to play? If you would like to be acknowledged in the
> HaiQ about box, please tell me your name.

My aim is to help bugfixing and developing new features for HaiQ -
e.g. Jose and I plan to build a completely new debugger with remote
debugging for HaiQ. Further I translate HaiQ into german and -
if needed/asked - into french.

> * What operating system(s) do you use?

openSUSE 10.2 (32bit), Windows XP Pro and - if I must do - Vista Business ;-)

> * What would you like to see happen with HaiQ in the future.

+ integrated support for Subversion
+ integrated file comparison tool like "Kompare" (to see diffs between
   working copy and svn versions for example)
+ refactoring tools (splitted editor windows, automatic renaming/moving of
   classes and methods - see Idea's IntelliJ)

> * Anything else you want to share.

It took long for me to choose HaiQ as replacement for my old school
textmode IDE "FTE" - but now it has reached a point, which makes it
hard to live without the cool features - especially the great word completion!

If the debugging (ok, I'll start it as soon as possible) will be finished,
there shouldn't be any reason to use IDEs like MS VS & Co. :-)

Best Regards,
Chris