Search and Replace crash bug (1.0 beta rev?)

1 view

Markavian

Feb 28, 2008, 2:51:37 PM2/28/08
to HaiQ Development
Found this stunning crash bug:

Searched for Selection:: in a .cpp file, replace with
GeometrySelection::
Repeat all was checked.

Caused an infinite loop that had me force close HaiQ.

Easily repeatable, open a new file. Type Bleh. Search on Bleh and
replace on CrashBleh. ...

jeremy....@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2008, 2:56:04 PM2/28/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks... indeed I was able to reproduce that bug.
Jose, would you be able to fix this (since it involves search/replace)?
Jeremy

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Feb 28, 2008, 3:14:07 PM2/28/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
I think so. I'm adding that to my TODO list. Thanks for discovering the bug.

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Feb 29, 2008, 10:22:09 AM2/29/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
I have fixed the bug. I have included an extra condition in the replace loop, to avoid replacing more strings than original matches.

Cheers, Jose