Anonymous copyright is now supported in Haiola

Michael Johnson

Oct 16, 2017, 10:29:17 PM10/16/17
to Hai...@googlegroups.com

Haiola now has an "Anonymous" checkbox on the copyright information page. When checked, the Bible translation copyright owner and translators are either not listed or listed as "anonymous" on all metadata outputs.

I recommend against using this checkbox unless it would be wiser to do so, given security considerations in the area where the Bible translation work is taking place and/or among the primary audience of the Bible translation. If you do use this checkbox, I recommend also coupling it with a CC-BY-SA license so that there is no need to contact the copyright owners and translators for permission to do anything that could legitimately be done with a Bible translation. This also requires some sort of statement in the "Other license" box to explain how the attribution requirement should be handled to be truly effective.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, and this isn't legal advice. This is a compromise work-around that allows Bible distribution without violating global copyright treaties and most national copyright laws without compromising the safety of some dearly beloved brothers and sisters in Christ.

As usual, you may get free updates of Haiola for Linux and Windows from https://haiola.org.

--

Aloha,
Michael Johnson

PO BOX 881143 • PUKALANI HI 96788-1143
• USA
mljohnson.org • Phone: +1 808-333-6921 • Skype: kahunapule