Haiola updated

Kahunapule Michael Johnson

Jul 17, 2015, 10:52:42 PM7/17/15
to Hai...@googlegroups.com
The current release of Haiola, available now at Haiola.org:
  • Corrects a problem with USFM generation with some lesser-used tags. All USFM files at https://eBible.org/Scriptures/ have been updated with this version of Haiola.
  • Now normalizes USFM output to conform to Paratext's preferred format in footnotes.
  • Has a new option to regenerate origin references for footnotes and cross references to conform to new Paratext check expectations.
  • Now supplies an origin reference for \fig tags in generating USFM to conform to new Paratext check expectations.
  • Has a new option for batch postprocessing, to chain another process after all projects are processed. (If you don't understand why you would want that, you can safely ignore this feature.)
I have started tracking languages served with freely redistributable Bible translations separately from those with restricted rights. Right now, there are 611 language groups served by freely redistributable Bible translations. These are blessed with the ability to legally share the Word of God for free with each other. I'm happy for them, and pray God's blessing on the associated copyright stewards. Here is a summary of what I publish from my Haiola installation, which feeds many web sites:

611 languages with freely redistributable translations, all available in HTML, downloadable HTML, ePub, mobi, and inScript formats.
652 dialects with freely redistributable translations, all available in HTML, downloadable HTML, ePub, mobi, and inScript formats.
680 freely redistributable translations, all available in HTML, downloadable HTML, ePub, mobi, and inScript formats.
26 limited-sharing translations, available in inScript format only on specific web sites and media distributions that vary by translation.
622 total languages
665 total dialects
706 total public translations

Keep smiling! There is victory in Jesus Christ!

--
Your partner in electronic Bible publishing,

MICHAEL JOHNSON
PO BOX 881143
PUKALANI HI 96788-1143

USA