Hidden progress; Bible metadata integration

Kahunapule Michael Johnson

Mar 17, 2016, 8:40:50 PM3/17/16
to Hai...@googlegroups.com
There has been a longer than normal interval between Haiola releases, but work is still progressing.
  • The next release of Haiola will have a better Windows installer. (The current one is inadequate, so I recommend manual installation instead, for now.)
  • The next release of Haiola will generate PDFs via XeLaTeX. See http://eBible.org/pdf/ for samples. I still need to add a friendly way to specify the exact sizes you want a PDF to be generated and deal with some right-to-left and font issues before this can go live.
  • The next release of Haiola will be able to read the latest format changes in USX files in Every Tribe Every Nation (ETEN) Digital Bible Library (DBL) bundles, including references as hot links. (Haiola has done its own hot link generation for a while, but it isn't as reliable as it should be.)

In the mean time, I am building a bridge for metadata stored in Haiola to be imported directly into the International Forum of Bible Agencies (IFOBA) Find-A-Bible site (Find.Bible), operated by the Digital Bible Society. This will give people another way to find our nice collection of Bibles for Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Micronesia, etc. One little prototype showing some of the data that will be imported is at eBible.org/find.

--
Your partner in electronic Bible publishing,

MICHAEL JOHNSON
PO BOX 881143
PUKALANI HI 96788-1143

USA