Bike Movie Night?

Noble Anderson

Dec 31, 2011, 4:30:56 PM12/31/11
to haines-bi...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking about putting together a "bike movie" night sometime in the next month or two. I'm hoping for something informal, potluck style, and can watch some movies to get us excited about the upcoming spring bike season (and for all of you die-hards that are still riding... I just ordered new wheels/studded tires and will be joining you soon).
If interested, please let me know, and I'm open to suggestions of possible movies.
I have a copy of "bicycle dreams", and will probably buy "fatbike" if nobody has it locally. Others? I posted this on our facebook groups page as well, and I would prefer if the comment string goes there, rather than here.  Thanks.

Noble

Elijah Donat

Jan 1, 2012, 2:18:17 PM1/1/12
to haines-bi...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Bi-pedal hobblers (walkers),

Movie night sounds good, check out my suggestion link below. I gotsa copy of "fatbike" to contribute. This is my first year winter riding instead of going away for winter to ride.  Last year we went for 5 months in the sun but  Haines winter riding has nearly rivaled that.  The pugsley is great on sand (Katzahien) in summer and in winter.  The tide range from Cars Cove to Jones point is super fun and is free of snow and ice.  The re-frozen wet snow was fully ridable anywhere while that condition lasted.  Despite the  grand claims of the fatbikes, they aren't all that for road conditions or ice.  They are great for Anchorage bike trails that are groomed but that is not our reality here. A regular bike with the Ice Spiker Pro, over 400 carbide studs per tire, is the ticket.  Been riding to Chilkoot Bridge,  Viking Cove or loops from FAA to beach at fort daily. When the weather gets on a murderous rampage another cycling fix is trial riding.  All it takes is a small snow free area in your driveway and can be done in any weather.  With over 1000 miles logged in Haines over the last 3 months I must say that other forms of bliss are overrated. Its time to ride.

Haines Trail-Building has Momentum.

Elijah Donat | Environmental Engineer
PO Box 865 | Haines, AK 99827 | (907)303-7899