Study for the Haptic Floor at the SAT

Christian Frisson

Feb 15, 2023, 9:53:15 AM2/15/23
to haid-co...@googlegroups.com
Have you ever had haptic feedback in your daily multimedia or
entertainment practices (for instance with haptic seats in cinemas or
amusement parks), enriched your interactive creations with haptic
design? You might be interested in participating in our study!

The Society for Arts and Technology has developed a prototype of a
haptic floor that allows users to feel vibrations and movements. This
device consists of a mesh of triangular tiles with mobile vertices. The
tiles can vibrate, shake, move and react to sounds! Incredible, isn't
it? We are currently in the design phase of its user interface. That's
why we need you to answer the following questions ( ± 5 minutes per
form). You may then have the opportunity to test this haptic floor, a
springboard to new immersive experiences.

Form 1: Contextual Inquiry
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwQhR35SD4Y76WYIKnSgwMQ9Pl6IvQ82jHocPAcGDaOztnXQ/viewform

Form 2: Terminology
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLPu5fXA-C85dnJYNYUwMjvcoezWHLZQhefu5Le4-t1Kexrg/viewform

This study is conducted at the SAT by the Valorisation and Metalab
departments. If you have any questions about the study, please contact
us by e-mail at valori...@sat.qc.ca

Thank you in advance for your help and valuable contribution to the
progress of the haptic floor project!

The Haptic Floor team at the SAT

--
Christian Frisson
https://frisson.re

Researcher & Developer
Society for Arts and Technology [SAT] Metalab
https://sat.qc.ca/en/recherche/metalab/

Associate Researcher
Input Devices and Music Interaction Lab, McGill University
http://www-new.idmil.org/people/christian-frisson/