Starfish Hadoop Log Analyzer

Jie Li

Dec 10, 2012, 3:15:08 AM12/10/12
to Starfish
Hi everyone,

As many users request a tool to analyze the existing Hadoop logs without Starfish profiling, we tailored Starfish visualizer for pure Hadoop logs and release it as a standalone tool - Starfish Hadoop Log Analyzer!

There are lots of new features compared to the previous visualizer:
1. Enriched timeline view. You can see all task counter info to get the full picture in one single view.
2. Skew view enabled. You can easily identify any data skew or time skew among tasks.
3. Log-based recommendation. You can get some quick tips on the performance tuning tailored for the job.
4. Improved performance. Now a job with thousands of tasks can be loaded and analyzed efficiently.
5. Launched via Web Start. You can easily install and update it.

Here is the tutorial with the download link and a demo video: http://www.cs.duke.edu/starfish/tutorial/index.html

Please let us know your feedback, or any issue that you meet. We appreciate your support!

Thanks,
Jie Li

Amit Sangroya

Jul 3, 2015, 12:27:44 PM7/3/15
to hadoop-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I downloaded the  StarfishHadoop Log Analyzer. But, when I try to install/run this, I get an error related to security. Can someone tell me how to fix it.

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: The application component http://dl.javafx.com/javafx-rt-windows-i586__V1.2.3_b36a.jar was blocked due to a request by the vendor. Please contact the application vendor for more information.
at com.sun.deploy.security.EnhancedJarVerifier.validate(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.processJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.access$2200(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry$10.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.writeFileToDisk(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.writeFileToDisk(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToTempFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToCache(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--

Best Regards,
Amit