How to generate one tuning file for the entire workload

1 view

Edson Ramiro

Mar 6, 2015, 5:55:51 AM3/6/15
to hadoop-...@googlegroups.com
hi all,

I successfully executed starfish and generated the profiles and the tuning files I wanted, but I was wondering if it is possible to generate just one tuning file for my entire workload. I mean, if I get all job execution profiles, instead of generating a tuning file per job, to generate for the entire workflow.

Tuning the entire workflow should be the workflow-level tuning described in the paper, right? Unfortunately I couldn't optimize the workflow, only jobs.

After several jobs I'm using this commands to optimize:

_______
./bin/utilities gather firstJob lastJob

for each job
    ./bin/optimize profile-job_i.xml virtual-input.xml virtual-cluster.xml -c myconf.xml
done

Thanks in advance,

      Edson Ramiro