Starfish Bug in Profiler

Amit Sangroya

Jan 2, 2015, 9:28:57 AM1/2/15
to shiv...@cs.duke.edu, hadoop-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I noticed a serious problem in Profiler.

After running the profiler, the map reduce task child processes keep running even after a successful job completion.

Did anyone noticed that? Is this a known issue?

I am having this issue for hadoop example programs such as wordcount, grep etc., and also for my Hadoop application.

Due to this, I am also facing inconsistency in results. For example, for same input, and other similar settings, I am getting different "WRITE" timings. This is because previous run of application is affecting the next.

Where is the latest source code of starfish? Is it possible to download so that I can debug for these minor issues.

Please update/enrich/help.

Thanks,
Amit

YoungKun Min

Jan 8, 2015, 12:25:17 PM1/8/15
to hadoop-...@googlegroups.com, shiv...@cs.duke.edu
Hello,

I think Starfish is not a open source. Somewhere in the Github.com has verion 0.1. That is our current best.