Can I use the configurations reached by Starfish on Hadoop-0.20.203.0 in another hadoop version?

tiagokepe

Sep 17, 2014, 12:17:59 PM9/17/14
to hadoop-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Can I use the configurations reached by Starfish on Hadoop-0.20.203.0 in another hadoop version (like Hadoop_1.2.0)?

What is the performance impacts using the Starfish configurations on Hadoop 1.2?

Thanks in advance,

Tiago Kepe.

Airray Liou

Sep 22, 2014, 3:46:51 AM9/22/14
to hadoop-...@googlegroups.com
Starfish can install hadoop 1 version , but can't install hadoop 2 , because JobContext error.

tiagokepe於 2014年9月18日星期四UTC+8上午12時17分59秒寫道:

Edson Ramiro

Sep 30, 2014, 8:57:43 AM9/30/14
to hadoop-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Airray,

Thank you for your reply,

Do you've a specific Starfish version that works in the family 1.x?

Also, do you have a link to download the bin files or the source code?

Thanks in advance,

      Edson Ramiro

Maria Pospelova

Nov 8, 2014, 1:40:45 PM11/8/14
to hadoop-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to modify starfish to make it functional on Hadoop 2?