Digital Security And Privacy Practices In Context For Human Rights Defenders

Richard Zulu

Nov 21, 2017, 5:46:43 AM11/21/17
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

As part of our Hacks/Hackers activities this month, we are joining forces with Outbox & the Collaboration on International ICT Policy for Eastern and Southern Africa for a one day skills share workshop on “Digital Security And Privacy Practices In Context For Human Rights Defenders.”

The workshop will take place on 29th of November 2017 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm  EAT at Outbox. Please RSVP to attend by registering here.

Together with CIPESA, we seek to build the digital rights knowledge as well as digital security and safety capacity of human rights defenders, media, vulnerable women organisations in Uganda through digital security workshops.

The first workshop will be a one-day hands-on training clinic at Outbox on the 29th of November 2017 and thereafter four follow-up clinics will be hosted that will focus on deepening the participants’ understanding and utilisation of digital security and privacy tools and practices.

The one-day workshop will focus on four overarching themes - namely:

  • Preventing and reacting to malware (Malware protection);

  • Policies, identities and harm mitigation in use of social media (Social media safety);

  • Protecting data;

  • Safer Browsing on the internet

Regards and looking forward to seeing you all.

Richard Zulu
Lead, Outbox
Technology entrepreneurship and innovation
4th Floor, Soliz House, Lumumba Avenue,
Kampala, Uganda