Innovate Africa Fund and Open data day

Richard Zulu

Nov 21, 2016, 6:59:45 AM11/21/16
to hackshacke...@googlegroups.com
Greetings members,

I hope all is well and fine.

I wanted to let you know that Code for Africa is still accepting applications for the Innovate Africa Fund.

The Innovate Africa funds seeks to support disruptive ideas in journalism and News media in a number of categories.

I would like to encourage those interested to please visit the site and submit your application by 1st December 2016.  Should you require any assistance, please reach out to us on this platform. The Code for Africa team is readily available to assist.

Lastly, Outbox is hosting an open data day this Friday 25th November 2016. The focus will be on an introduction on how to build your open data skills.

This session will seek to review and look at the different stakeholder open data initiatives in the priority sectors of Health, education, agriculture, energy and infrastructure. We shall review several open data initiatives and how participants can get started accessing and analyzing the various datasets.

This is a great session for those seeking to work with Open data or build civic engagement tools.

You can book your seat here.

Regards

Richard Zulu
Lead, Outbox