Feeding the 5000 Bristol - apple pressing volunteers needed!

Niki C.

May 10, 2012, 12:34:01 PM5/10/12
to Hackney Harvest
Dear Hackney Harvesters,

With apologies for cross posting, I wanted to let you know of our
Feeding the 5000 event in Bristol this
Saturday which might be of interest to the group. Please see details
below.

At the last minute, we were donated a few hundred kgs of surplus
apples so we are going to serve free apple juice! We're looking for an
experienced local volunteer who can handle an apple press. If you, or
anyone you know, fits the bill and happens to be near Bristol, please
email me on ni...@tristramstuart.co.uk or call me on 07837118970.

Thanks,
Niki

Niki Charalampopoulou
Project Co-ordinator
ni...@tristramstuart.co.uk
www.feeding5k.org

Follow us @
www.twitter.com/#!/Feeding5k
https://www.facebook.com/feeding5000

May 12th FREE LUNCH!

Bristol, College Green, 1-5pm

Feeding the 5000 is coming to Bristol. Fill Bellies not Bins! Get
ready
for a feast of biblical proportions on the 12th of May, 1-5pm,
Bristol,
College Green, all free and all made from food that would have
otherwise
been wasted.

In collaboration with FareShare SouthWest and a range of local
organisations including FoodCycle Bristol, the Soil Association and
Thali Cafe, we will be serving a free, delicious curry made from wonky
carrots, blemished cauliflowers and other fresh surplus produce.
Cooking demonstrations from some of the UK's top chefs, live music
from
local bands and kids activities are also on the menu.

Please help by spreading the word on Facebook and Twitter and RSVP
here
https://www.facebook.com/events/200298833416469/

Find out more details at www.feeding5k.org and
http://www.faresharesouthwest.org.uk/feeding5k/%20

Go to www.feeding5k.org to sign the Feeding the 5000 pledge and make
your voice heard!

Lewis McNeill

May 11, 2012, 5:47:36 AM5/11/12
to hackney...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niki

Hope you're well. I suggest contacting the transition Bristol group - they have lots of orchard experience I belive, sure there will be a few pressers there!

Good luck!

Lewis
--
Lewis McNeill
Project Manager

"Each generation takes the earth as trustees. We ought to bequeath to posterity as many forests and orchards as we have exhausted and consumed"
Julius Sterling Morton

Developing a skilled community of Londoners to plant, care for and harvest fruit trees, connecting urban communities and increasing access to fruit.

Follow us @ www.twitter.com/londonorchard
Visit us @ www.thelondonorchardproject.org
Join our community @ www.projectdirt.com/group/thelondonorchardproject

Please note I work with The London Orchard Project part-time and may not be able to get back to you immediately.