Re: HH: Wednesday fruitstatus in Stoke New. area

Lewis McNeill

Sep 8, 2011, 3:32:51 AM9/8/11
to hackney...@googlegroups.com
Looking a bit sparse then. I'm going to have a good scan around Dalston next week on my bike and see what I can find.

Lewis

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Tom <mon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
This is todays list:

All N16,unless otherwise remarked

Palatine Rd jnctn Wolsworth rd (Mapped last year)
This year no fruit at all!

Lordship Rd jnctn Grazebrook Rd (Mapped last year)
This year no fruit at all!

Grazebrook Rd
4-5 Fruittrees,not ready,but plenty fruit.
Uncertain on type,they looked like Medlar/Quince last year!

Synagogue on Lordship Rd
Massive Peartree,bearing loads of Pears.
Branches hanging over the Synagouges car park,but techincally the
roots are on the derelict site's ground next to it.
That derelict site also have a ripe Apple tree laden with fruit but
only seen from Lordship Park around the corner.

Bethune rd:Lincoln Court
2 Apple trees on the front,1 Pear tree at the back.
Technically the trees sits on the Estates ground,so permission is
advisable before harvesting.

Bergholt Crescent Rosehips lefthand side,Apples righthand side,also
crabapples along the street.Private,fruit ready.

Durley rd,opposite Park Lea Court,2 Apple trees  one Red
variety.Private,fruit ready.No.35,44-46,66-68,76-78 and Durley house
also have Appletrees outside but none near ready.

Leweston Place nr no.44,but garden belongs to no 50 Portland Avenue
got Apples,ready.

Denver Rd No public fruit trees on that one.

Darenth Rd No Public fruit trees on that road.

Kyverdale Rd jnct Lynmouth rd Crabapples,dark red,ready

Old Hill Rd jnctn Windus walk Loads of crabapples,yellowredish
variety,not ready

Lampard Grove to Alkham Rd No Fruit found

Alkham Rd to Cazenove Rd No Public fruit found
Last years mapping corner Alham Rd jnctn Cazenove Rd no fruit this
year!

Lampard Grove to Stamford Hill No public fruit found

Margaret Rd No public fruit found

Windus Rd No public fruit found

Windus walk no fruit found

Kyverdale Rd down to Cazenove Rd no public fruit found

Filey Avenue no public fruit found.

Cazenove Rd from Stamford Hill to Upper Clapton Rd No public fruit
found!

Got a few pictures on the fruits from Bethune Rd:Lincoln Crt,Durley Rd
2 ready Apple trees and Leweston Place

Thats my lot for today,I may try to go back and check the rest of last
years mapping.

With Best of Intent

Tom

--
Lewis McNeill
The London Orchard Project

Developing a skilled community of Londoners to plant, care for and harvest fruit trees, connecting urban communities and increasing access to fruit.

Please note I work with The London Orchard Project on Mondays and Tuesdays and may not be able to get back to you immediately.