Seabright arms cider weekend

Lewis McNeill

Sep 4, 2012, 6:03:36 AM9/4/12
to Hackney Harvest, Jamie B
Hi harvesters

There's a lovely pub called the Saebright arms near Hackney City Farm that are keen on cider and promoting real cider. They are holding a cider making weekend in Sep 30th where people will bring Hackney apples and process them into cider - with all contributors gaining a share of the cider in return.

I wondered if we might be able to organise a harvest prior to this to take along? I'm aware that the apple crop is particularly poor this year, bu there are still fruit bearing trees around - in fact I recently discovered a red apple laden tree in Dalston.

Please let me know if there is any energy or this, could be un and nice to make links with a pub interested in local produce.

Lewis

--
Lewis McNeill
Project Manager

"The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago; the second-best time is now"
- Chinese proverb

Developing a skilled community of Londoners to plant, care for and harvest fruit trees, connecting urban communities and increasing access to fruit.

Follow us @ www.twitter.com/londonorchard
Visit us @ www.thelondonorchardproject.org
Join our community @ www.projectdirt.com/group/thelondonorchardproject

Please note I work with The London Orchard Project part-time and may not be able to get back to you immediately.

Elizabeth Pillar

Sep 4, 2012, 11:23:17 AM9/4/12
to hackney...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lewis

I'd be interested in taking part - I saw an apple tree with fruit on in Dalston too, I wonder if it was the same one as you saw! There were apples last year in Wick Woods I wonder if there are any there this year?

Regards

Liz