London Apple Exhibition at Apple Day events/ festivals on 16th, 22nd and 23rd October

Carina Millstone

Sep 13, 2011, 7:00:12 AM9/13/11
to Abundance London, hackney...@googlegroups.com, urban_...@googlegroups.com, Phil Paulo, David Blair, Lewis McNeill, karen liebreich, Gemma Harris, Sheehan,Susan, Jamie Beevor, Michael Stuart, Joyce Pountain, Jean-Jacques Lescure, Abimbola Akanwo, i...@sustainweb.org
Hello London Harvesters,

We are hosting some Apply events in partnership with the London Wildlife Trust in October.

We will have all the standard apple day fayre- exhibitions, cake competition, cider making, preserving demo, juicing etc etc- as well as music on the 22nd (when we're hoping the day will have more of a festival feel). We're also going to be hosting some how to plant and look after young fruit tree workshops, giving participants the opportunity to order a tree and starter pack for a fiver. We'll also be inaugurating our pedal power crusher, hoping it works ok! (we're very impressed with Pete who made it, spending only £16.16 on materials!)

The reason I am getting in touch with you now though is that, in addition to our apple exhibition (with samples picked up from the RHS), we are also hoping to have a large stall with London fruits. We'll be bringing some samples of apples and other fruit that we've harvested in Hackney, Bromley and Lambeth, but would like to extend an invite to all other harvesting groups in London (hoping I've copied everyone in- please feel free to forward to any group I've accidentally omitted from this list). So, if you were free to come along with samples of all your fruit, preserves and any other materials (maps, leaflets, home made equipment and so on) to show off your project that would be great!

Details are as follows:

11-5 on 16th October- Centre for Wildlife Gardening, East Dulwich/ Peckam- this event will be slightly smaller, and we would suggest groups South of the river come to this

11-9 on 22nd October and 11-4 on 23rd October- Camley Street Reserve- this event will be the mini-festival with live music on Saturday, and smaller, more family focused on the Sunday. We would suggest the North London groups come to this.

You would all of course be welcome to all of these events- the north/ south divide is a bit artificial!....

Please drop David a line at da...@thelondonorchardproject.org if you are able to come to these events, specifying which one(s) and if you will need anything other than a table/ stall.

Really hoping to see you there, and we'll circulate the flyer to you closer to the time!

Best wishes,

Carina.

--
Come to our Apple Day Events on 16th, 22nd and 23rd October, for your chance to get advice on planting a fruit tree in your garden, and order a tree and starter pack for a fiver! More details on our homepage www.thelondonorchardproject.org

Carina Millstone
The London Orchard Project
07734 324 881

Please note that I work part-time and may therefore not get back to you today.

Developing a skilled community of Londoners to plant, care for and harvest fruit trees, connecting urban communities and increasing access to fruit.

Carina Millstone

Sep 26, 2011, 5:31:46 AM9/26/11
to Abundance London, hackney...@googlegroups.com, urban_...@googlegroups.com, Phil Paulo, David Blair, Lewis McNeill, Kath Rosen, karen liebreich, Gemma Harris, Sheehan,Susan, Jamie Beevor, Michael Stuart, Joyce Pountain, Jean-Jacques Lescure, Abimbola Akanwo, i...@sustainweb.org
Hello All,

Just dropping you a line to follow up on this email, as I have not yet heard back from all of you.

As mentioned, we're hosting some apple day events on 16th, 22nd and 23rd October, in partnership with The London Wildlife Trust. We are planning on having an exhibition of apples and other fruit harvested in London, and wanted to invite other London groups to join us. This would be a great opportunity to show Londoners the fruit harvested on our doorstep, find some more trees, and recruit volunteers.

Please let me know if you're interested in coming- hope to see you there!

Best wishes,

Carina.

JamieB

Sep 27, 2011, 6:50:19 AM9/27/11
to Hackney Harvest
I'm around on the 16th, 22nd and 23rd at the moment. May just come to
the 22nd out of those last two though.

Also on the afternoon of the 15th I'll be at the Curve Garden
representing HH at the Hackney Food Growers Network event. Will be
dispensing crackers with chutney and jam I think (no pressing) and
will sort out a map and the laminated pics. Would be great if others
can come along too.

On Sep 26, 10:31 am, Carina Millstone