climate shaming app

jim cory

Nov 20, 2021, 6:13:48 PM11/20/21
to HackingMadison
Hi,
I'm a retired database/gis guy and attended the last two Civic Hackers Meetups where we talked about web apis/ data and climate change/negative reinforcement. I had a thought about putting together a web page that would list the worst greenhouse gas emitters in nation/state/county. Most web sites that analyze emissions are based on consolidated data, rather than individual production sites.

There may be something like this already, but the following web sources may be a way to get to the details. Other things to consider are CO2 compared to Methane and whether the emitter also makes carbon offset investments.

I would be interested in any feedback about is idea, positive or negative.

Jim