Announcement: Hackerspace.SG will be at 70A Bussorah Street

Meng Weng Wong

Nov 9, 2009, 11:24:24 AM11/9/09
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
We have offered, and the landlord has accepted, tenancy of 70A Bussorah Street for a period of 12 months, starting ASAP.

(In my mind I have started thinking of the place as "Bugisopolis 199483".  But that is strictly for the lulz.)

We will deposit a cheque and sign the lease this Wednesday afternoon.

Later Wednesday evening we will meet an SPH reporter for an interview onsite.  We'll give him/her a tour of the shophouse, then relocate to a nearby cafe where they have such amenities as air-con and chairs :)

We will then spend the next few days installing furniture and getting the place shipshape, just in time for BarCampSG4.

Nov 21: http://barcamp.org/BarCampSingapore4

Hackerspace.SG has volunteered to host the afterparty.  We will provide beverages and ask for donations.

It will also be a housewarming for us, so even if you can't make it to Barcamp, do come for the party!

Dinner will be provided down the road at Nabins at Sultan Gate.  Yahoo! has offered to sponsor both the party and dinner.

Subsequent events on our calendar include afterparties and pre-parties:

Dec 12/13: http://nsc1.neotenylabs.com/
Mar 8/9: Asian Business Angel Forum

Also we will host meetups.

Justin Ng

Nov 9, 2009, 12:14:25 PM11/9/09
to hacker...@googlegroups.com

Will they be giving HackerSpace some times for renovation?

I know some landlord will give the tenant a couple of months for renovation especially when it is unfurnish.

Best Regards,
Justin Ng
Aka Jieke aka Xjieke
Email: xji...@yahoo.com.sg

Msn: xji...@yahoo.com.sg

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/xjieke

Twitter: @xjieke

Sven Ryen

Nov 9, 2009, 10:09:06 PM11/9/09
to HackerspaceSG, Meng Weng Wong
Hey!

This is great news! Really happy to hear this.

I have been sourcing for some furniture, and can forward you a
few offers and contacts that I received, mainly on chairs.

Who is in charge of the furniture? Where should I forward the info?
I don’t want to SPAM down everybody with the large attachments :)

Cheers,
Sven

From: Meng Weng Wong <meng...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:24:24 +0800
To: HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com>

Subject: [HackerspaceSG] Announcement: Hackerspace.SG will be at 70A Bussorah Street

Ruiwen Chua

Nov 9, 2009, 10:14:08 PM11/9/09
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Sven Ryen <sven...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey!

This is great news! Really happy to hear this.

I have been sourcing for some furniture, and can forward you a
few offers and contacts that I received, mainly on chairs.

Who is in charge of the furniture? Where should I forward the info?
I don’t want to SPAM down everybody with the large attachments :)

Hi Sven

You could send details to Luther, Meng, Justin and myself I guess?

Or a page on the wiki might work too?

Cheers
Ruiwen

Sven Ryen

Nov 9, 2009, 10:17:22 PM11/9/09
to HackerspaceSG
It seems like that’s normal.
We were given 2 weeks here, which was ample time
for both renovation and furnishing.

From: Justin Ng <xji...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:14:25 +0800
To: HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com>

Meng Weng Wong

Nov 9, 2009, 10:56:28 PM11/9/09
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Justin Ng <xji...@gmail.com> wrote:

Will they be giving HackerSpace some times for renovation?

I know some landlord will give the tenant a couple of months for renovation especially when it is unfurnish.

afraid not, i did ask.