Proactive OHP: the broken HP spectrum analyser

Roland Turner

Sep 2, 2021, 2:41:07 AM9/2/21
to andrei 5000, HackerspaceSG
Andrei,

At the last plenum, the decision on the spectrum analyser was to put it
through OHP. If it hasn't already been disposed of then I'd like to
express my interest in receiving it because I'd like to harvest several
components from it[1]. Obviously I'll take responsibility for promptly
removing the entire unit from the premises and disposing of the bits
that I don't want, rather than leaving you with a pile of e-waste to
deal with.

Is it still in the space? If so, may I remove it?

Note that there will be no ownership claim on this one. It was donated
to HackerspaceSG by an individual who has had no contact with
HackerspaceSG before or since, specifically on the basis that he rescued
it from being junked because it might be useful to people at
HackerspaceSG (as indeed it was while it worked!).

- Roland

1: specifically the chassis for a programmable power supply project and
various of the microwave components for ongoing RF tinkering.

Joyce Ng

Sep 2, 2021, 3:39:32 AM9/2/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roland

The spectrum analyzer is still in the space. You can remove it if you wish. I might take away some parts from the digital board too if you're going to tinker with it.

Regards,
Joyce Ng

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Joyce Ng

Roland Turner

Sep 2, 2021, 4:16:15 AM9/2/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com, Joyce Ng
Let's let Andrei clear it first; OHP is definitely not a DIY exercise. (Granted, I'll be astonished if there's a competing claim.)

- Roland