LF CXY-V5-180409, X5SA Series Donation

Huiren Woo

Feb 26, 2022, 3:57:48 PM2/26/22
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The space currently has a 3D printer that requires part replacement
for a suspected board damage. Specifically, I'm looking for a
CXY-V5-180409, X5SA Series motherboard to donate to the space. The
other parts of the 3D printer seem to be mostly fine.

If anyone also has experience debugging this 3D printer, it'll be a
great help too.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Woo Huiren

"I don't know about you people, but I don't want to live in a world
where someone else makes the world a better place better than we do. "
- Gavin Belson

Joyce Ng

Feb 26, 2022, 4:07:19 PM2/26/22
to HackerspaceSG
Hi!

To be more specific, the 3D printer is a Tronxy X5SA.

Main symptom:
As the nozzle and heat bed temperature is rising, a "Sensor error or power is not enough" error occurs, and temperature drops back down.

Tried replacing the power supply with a spare we had from an old disassembled 3D printer with same voltage and current rating. No difference.

Another issue (which could be solved by setting Z offset) is that even when homed, the optical sensor on the extruder unit thinks the height is zero when there's actually about 16mm of gap from the nozzle and bed.

Regards,
Joyce Ng