Visiting Hackerspace (Non-Member)

Madhav Lodha

Mar 10, 2022, 1:13:58 AM3/10/22
to HackerspaceSG
Hi,

I wish to visit the hackerspace this Sunday to work on an RC plane project with 2 of my friends. Unfortunately, I do not have a contact in hackerspace and I am not a member. However, I am extremely excited to join as a member.

When we do visit (if possible) we would need access to the laser cutter all other tools we can bring from home. I know this is asking a lot but would we be able to get access to the laser cutter even though we are not members. We are ready to pay a reasonable fee.

Please respond to this email indicating whether we can come to the maker space this Sunday. Excited to see you guys!!

Best,
Madhav Lodha

Huiren Woo

Mar 10, 2022, 1:16:07 AM3/10/22
to HackerspaceSG
Hi Madhav,

When we do visit (if possible) we would need access to the laser cutter all other tools we can bring from home. I know this is asking a lot but would we be able to get access to the laser cutter even though we are not members. We are ready to pay a reasonable fee.

Unfortunately, the laser cutter we have in the space is having issues with the software. Nevertheless, I would be happy to host you if you're still interested in coming down to the space.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Huiren

Joyce Ng

Mar 10, 2022, 3:32:02 AM3/10/22
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

While the laser cutter is inoperative at the moment, we have a working 3018 CNC machine, just that I haven't finished making a sacrificial bed for it yet.

If the parts are small enough, it might be possible to mill it out with the CNC. I'll be happy to host you as well and show you around the hardware room.

Regards,
Joyce Ng

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Madhav Lodha

Mar 10, 2022, 9:48:24 AM3/10/22
to HackerspaceSG
From what time till what time can we visit the hackerspace? Would it be possible to be there from 9 am to 5 pm? It would be awesome if we could use the CNC and complete our project at the hackerspace.

PS: Well be 3 people including two other people (My Friends)

Excited to be there!

Madhav Lodha

Message has been deleted

Joyce Ng

Mar 11, 2022, 11:01:57 PM3/11/22
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I will be in around lunchtime.

Take note that you will need to provide your own files to be used with the CNC. There's currently only one type of milling bit, so you will need to evaluate if that is suitable for cutting foam.

Regards,
Joyce Ng

Madhav Lodha

Mar 12, 2022, 10:49:33 PM3/12/22
to HackerspaceSG
Hi! We waited for around and no one showed up so we left. Thank you so much for trying!

Jennifer Dodgson

Mar 13, 2022, 2:50:32 PM3/13/22
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi Madhav,

Sorry about this - would you like to settle on a concrete time and I will definitely make sure to be there?

Best regards,

Jennifer