OLD HARDWARE: Looking for owners / Pending disposal

andrei 5000

May 16, 2021, 1:05:24 AM5/16/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi All,

As you know, the space is being cluttered with unlabeled hardware.

Take a look at the attached pictures.

if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

andrei 5000

May 16, 2021, 1:05:34 AM5/16/21
to hackerspacesg
Pile 1

---- On Sun, 16 May 2021 01:35:28 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----

Dear All,
pile1.jpg

andrei 5000

May 16, 2021, 1:05:44 AM5/16/21
to hackerspacesg
Pile 2

---- On Sun, 16 May 2021 02:03:57 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----
pile2.png

Chow Loong Jin

May 16, 2021, 3:18:28 AM5/16/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG

Hi Andrei,

I'd like to claim to the circled pieces please. Some of them are Kaz's
but I'm not sure which and will need to sort out.

Please leave them on my desk.
pile1-circled.png
pile2-circled.png

Michael Cheng

May 16, 2021, 4:06:38 AM5/16/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG
Hi Andrei,

I will claim back the Hubsan X4 (Pile 2). Will drop by HSG tomorrow evening.

---
Regards,

Michael Cheng CM
Mobile: +65 9185 5166

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Michael Cheng

May 17, 2021, 8:02:29 AM5/17/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG
Collected my stuff. Thanks.

andrei 5000

May 31, 2021, 11:42:28 AM5/31/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

Last call on Pile 1 and Pile 2.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 6 June 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Sun, 23 May 2021 18:00:34 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----

Dear All,

A second call on Pile 1 and Pile 2.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 6 June 2021 **

if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Mon, 17 May 2021 20:01:23 +0800 Michael Cheng <mchen...@gmail.com> wrote ----

pile1.jpg
pile2.png

Roland Turner

Jun 2, 2021, 10:15:39 PM6/2/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG
Nothing to claim, just congrats on handling this well! Thank you.

- Roland

Chow Loong Jin

Jun 5, 2021, 5:48:20 AM6/5/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG
Hey Andrei,

Thanks for handling this. The RC controller on the left should be paired
with the large helicopter in the space, so if you're donating/selling
that, you should do it with the helicopter.

Not sure which drone/helicopter the SZJTL controller belongs to, but if
you can figure out which one it controls, it should also go together.

-- Bob

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 09:57:04PM +0800, 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> Last call on Pile 1 and Pile 2.
>

> ** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 6 June 2021 **
>

> if you are the owner, please reply here asap.
>

> Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.
>

> Reminder
>
> Remember to always label your stuff.
>
> Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.
>

> ---- On Sun, 23 May 2021 18:00:34 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----
>

> Dear All,
>
> A second call on Pile 1 and Pile 2.
>
> ** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 6 June 2021 **
>

> if you are the owner, please reply here asap.
>

> Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.
>

> Reminder
>
> Remember to always label your stuff.
>
> Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.
>

> ---- On Mon, 17 May 2021 20:01:23 +0800 Michael Cheng <mailto:mchen...@gmail.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Jun 8, 2021, 10:01:54 AM6/8/21
to hackerspacesg
All items have been donated. Thank you.

---- On Mon, 31 May 2021 21:57:04 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Jun 8, 2021, 11:02:49 AM6/8/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

Looking for owners on Pile 3.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 20 June 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 22:01:47 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----
pile3.png

andrei 5000

Jun 14, 2021, 4:15:38 AM6/14/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

A second call on on Pile 3.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 20 June 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 23:01:48 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----
pile3.png

Roland Turner

Jun 16, 2021, 12:19:43 AM6/16/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
I have the distinct impression that I donated at least one of the switches, but can't recall which. If there are no other claimants, I'd like to take all three switches (2✕D-Link, 1✕HP).

If there are no other claimants for the VCR, I'd like to take it too.

(As usual for old hardware, I am of course committing to promptly remove the equipment from common space.)

- Roland

Gideon Simons

Jun 16, 2021, 12:39:08 AM6/16/21
to HackerspaceSG, foun...@re-pc.org
Maybe the laptops can go to one of these initiatives such as - https://www.re-pc.org/
I don't mind making the trip if needed.

--
Gideon

andrei 5000

Jun 16, 2021, 11:40:51 AM6/16/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi ,

A few extra items for the same Pile 3 exercise.

One monitor has marking "Will`s", works but has blinking at the right half of the screen.
Another monitor is faulty, image is distorted.

Anyone knows Will?

Regards

---- On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:15:25 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----
pile3a.jpg

Jennifer Dodgson

Jun 18, 2021, 9:46:34 AM6/18/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
I'm willing to adopt/buy pretty much any of this stuff that is working and isn't claimed, before you sell it off to someone else, drop me a line and I'll come by to take a look.

andrei 5000

Jun 20, 2021, 8:19:24 AM6/20/21
to hackerspacesg, jenniferdodgson
Dear All,

Starting to distribute items from Pile 3 / 3a.

2✕D-Link, 1✕HP, Sharp VCR are packed for Roland, please pick up anytime

For other items there are multiple requests this time from charities, companies and individuals.

Note: we haven`t tested all of the laptops and screens nor all matching power adapters are known. Be ready to come and play yourself if you need working stuff.

I`ll contact those who expressed interest to arrange for this.

Thanks

---- On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:20:46 +0800 Jennifer Dodgson <jennifer...@gmail.com> wrote ----

Jennifer Dodgson

Jun 20, 2021, 9:27:44 AM6/20/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com, jenniferdodgson
Hi all,

I tested the laptops yesterday. We're willing to take all of the ones that will switch on (the two Macbooks and the two mini PCs). We can either make a donation in return for these, or just take all of the laptops, keeping the ones we can fix and recycling the ones we can't.

Best regards,

Jennifer

andrei 5000

Jun 22, 2021, 9:50:40 AM6/22/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi All,

Among laptops, the only two which more or less work straightaway have been donated to charity.
Both macbooks have faulty boot records, packed for Jenn to investigate - please pick up anytime.

Other laptops might work but not all chargers are found for now.

Will reply to other applicants soon to distribute more items.

Thanks

---- On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 21:27:30 +0800 Jennifer wrote ----

---- On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:20:46 +0800 Jennifer wrote ----

I'm willing to adopt/buy pretty much any of this stuff that is working and isn't claimed, before you sell it off to someone else, drop me a line and I'll come by to take a look.

---- On Mon, 17 May 2021 20:01:23 +0800 Michael Cheng wrote ----
pile3_upd.png

Jennifer Dodgson

Jun 22, 2021, 10:05:41 AM6/22/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Regarding chargers, mine fit a few so I was able to test all laptops. Only the ones I mentioned work, though there's another that may work with a new battery.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Jennifer Dodgson

Jun 22, 2021, 1:08:50 PM6/22/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
I've spoken to Junjie (who will be attempting to fix the Macbooks). I'll request permission for him to come to the space on Thursday and check the stuff out.

Best regards,

Jennifer

andrei 5000

Jun 23, 2021, 2:35:52 PM6/23/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi Jenn,

You have the priority as a member - please just take out everything else you need from the pile and leave a note, once done.

Thanks

---- On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 23:20:23 +0800 Jennifer Dodgson <jennifer...@gmail.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Jul 24, 2021, 12:05:51 PM7/24/21
to hackerspacesg
Pile 3 is fully disposed

---- On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 02:35:48 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Aug 2, 2021, 11:07:20 AM8/2/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

Giving away the Pile 4.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 15 Aug 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 00:05:44 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile4.png

andrei 5000

Aug 2, 2021, 12:23:43 PM8/2/21
to hackerspacesg
More items (Pile 4a)

---- On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 23:07:06 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile4a.png

andrei 5000

Aug 6, 2021, 2:08:46 PM8/6/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi All,

These additional items are coming from wooden rack with small shelves for members, next to the entrance.

Mostly heavy batteries, drones, bicycle parts. On the shelves, these names are specified:

CJ, Raz, Shi Wen, Kai

Kindly help to identify the owners

---- On Tue, 03 Aug 2021 00:23:32 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile4b.png

Chow Loong Jin

Aug 7, 2021, 10:08:06 AM8/7/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG
Hi Andrei,

The circled items are mine, please leave them on my desk.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin

Roland Turner

Aug 7, 2021, 8:41:52 PM8/7/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, I don't recall labelling those shelf sections. None of it is mine (Raz is me).

- Roland

andrei 5000

Aug 8, 2021, 8:09:30 AM8/8/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

A second call on Pile 4.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 15 Aug 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Sun, 08 Aug 2021 08:41:46 +0800 'Roland Turner' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Aug 15, 2021, 1:31:46 PM8/15/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

The final call on Pile 4.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) after 15 Aug 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Sun, 08 Aug 2021 20:09:24 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Aug 25, 2021, 6:05:15 AM8/25/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi All,

Pile 4/4a/4b is due to removal but there are not enough claimants.

Annotated picture is attached for the remaining items.

Please reply here if you would like to claim anything.

Thanks,
Andrei

---- On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 01:31:38 +0800 andrei 5000 <piler...@zohomail.com> wrote ----
pile4_upd.png

Roland Turner

Aug 25, 2021, 11:02:51 PM8/25/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG, Valentine Chua
Andrei,

I'd suggest that it's not necessary to push for claimants. The point of the process is to ensure that people who would otherwise be offended have had a chance to state and pursue their claim ahead of disposal, not to avoid disposal altogether. If no-one's claimed ownership of or dibs on an item after an announcement and a followup (or two) then I'd suggest that that's sufficient and that the item can then be disposed of without further notice or delay.

- Roland

Chow Loong Jin

Aug 26, 2021, 12:05:38 AM8/26/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG
I think Aaron would like to claim some of the nerf guns.

-- Bob

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 06:04:50PM +0800, 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG wrote:
> [...]
> will be disposed
> (sold, donated) on 15 Aug 2021 **

> if you are the
> owner, please reply
> here asap.
>

> Know
> who might be the
> owner? Help to inform
> them.
>

> Reminder
>
> Remember to always
> label your stuff.
>
> Refrain from
> bringing broken or
> unwanted things into
> the space.

> ---- On
> Sun, 25 Jul 2021 00:05:44 +0800 'andrei
> 5000' via HackerspaceSG <mailto:hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----
>

> Pile 3 is fully disposed
>

> ----
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 02:35:48 +0800 'andrei

Aaron Tan

Aug 26, 2021, 2:52:01 AM8/26/21
to 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG
Hi folks,

I will come tomorrow evening to take the nerf guns belonging to me. Will send an updated photo of what's left.

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

andrei 5000

Aug 26, 2021, 5:51:29 AM8/26/21
to hackerspacesg, atzh84
Hi Aaron,

Noted. Guns are next to the entrance -  some in the labeled suitcase, and the longer ones are in bags on shelves

Andrei

---- On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:51:46 +0800 Aaron Tan <atz...@gmail.com> wrote ----

Aaron Tan

Aug 28, 2021, 10:28:31 PM8/28/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi all,

Have claimed my nerfs and gotten rid of any broken items. The remaining nerf guns and dart magazines are not mine. All were all tested to be in working condition except for the Nerf Stampede, which requires batteries .

Attached image of all that is left. They have been kept in the labeled suitcase.
1630203605342.jpg

andrei 5000

Aug 30, 2021, 9:29:10 AM8/30/21
to hackerspacesg
Hi All,

The big LiOn battery went into the "ALBA E-Waste" collection point, behind Burger King inside Kitchener Complex.

Keep that container in mind for future: access until 12am, specifically accepts lamps, batteries and has a large compartment for laptops.

---- On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 10:27:48 +0800 Aaron Tan <atz...@gmail.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Sep 7, 2021, 8:26:41 AM9/7/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

Looking for owners (giving away) the Pile 5.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 19 Sep 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 21:29:04 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile5.png

Roland Turner

Sep 7, 2021, 11:13:31 PM9/7/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrei,

Per my earlier note I would be happy to remove the analyser, assuming that my reasoning about ownership claims proves correct.

- Roland

Robert Sim

Sep 8, 2021, 2:06:02 AM9/8/21
to HackerspaceSG
With regards, to the lubricant and the durex play item, I suggest pre-emptively discarding if the sell by/expiration date is too far back off from today. Online literature suggests that water-based lubricant has a shelf life of 1-3 years.

The reason being that any claims to these items may potentially harm anyone applying them on themselves.

andrei 5000

Sep 12, 2021, 10:15:41 AM9/12/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

A second call on Pile 5.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 19 Sep 2021 **
If you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 14:06:02 +0800 Robert Sim <broken...@gmail.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Sep 19, 2021, 12:45:04 PM9/19/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

Looking for owners (giving away) the Pile 6.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 3 Oct 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:15:35 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile6_part1.png

andrei 5000

Sep 19, 2021, 12:48:47 PM9/19/21
to hackerspacesg
Part 2

---- On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 00:44:53 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile6_part2.png

andrei 5000

Sep 19, 2021, 1:39:31 PM9/19/21
to hackerspacesg

Part 3

---- On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 00:48:18 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile6_part3.png

Roland Turner

Sep 25, 2021, 2:51:23 AM9/25/21
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
(boggle)
(wonders how a box of hair care products made its way to HackerspaceSG)

- Raz

andrei 5000

Sep 26, 2021, 9:18:45 AM9/26/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

A second call on the Pile 6.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 3 Oct 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:51:17 +0800 'Roland Turner' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

andrei 5000

Oct 27, 2021, 12:52:05 PM10/27/21
to hackerspacesg
Dear All,

Looking for owners (giving away) the Pile 7.

** Unclaimed items will be disposed (sold, donated) on 7 Nov 2021 **
if you are the owner, please reply here asap.

Know who might be the owner? Help to inform them.

Reminder
Remember to always label your stuff.
Refrain from bringing broken or unwanted things into the space.

---- On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 21:18:39 +0800 'andrei 5000' via HackerspaceSG <hacker...@googlegroups.com> wrote ----

pile7.png