what this group about?

Peter Cheung

Feb 10, 2011, 5:21:41 AM2/10/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
what this group about?

Julian Lee

Feb 10, 2011, 5:54:01 AM2/10/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

We are a group trying to setup a hackerspace in Hong Kong, based on the experiences that some of our members have had overseas. You can refer to a somewhat outdated description of our activities on our wiki (hackjam.hk), or get more updated information about our activities through our facebook group (search for hackjam.hk on FB).

Our principle activity at the moment is Botjam, the goal of which is to "to build occasionally useful robots/things". We meet up every Tuesday at 8pm at Boot.hk.

If you are interested, please come along to one of our meetups!

Cheers,
Julian

On 10 Feb 2011, at 6:21 PM, Peter Cheung wrote:

> what this group about?

William Liang

Feb 10, 2011, 8:30:37 AM2/10/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hello Peter,

Just adding to what Julian told you, we are currently meeting in
Wanchai every Tuesday night to build a page turner and a robot vehicle
that moves around in the room. We also have people working on craft
rice paper lamp. What's important is for us to get together, think of
cool things to build, and work on a project together.

Here are some videos of our recent projects:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hackjamhk

Also, try joining our facebook group called "hackjam.hk". Let me know
if you have difficulty finding the group.

--

-William Liang

Peter Cheung

Feb 12, 2011, 6:35:11 AM2/12/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
So can I come on next Tues to see what you build?
Any fee need to pay to join this community?

thanks

Peter Cheung

Feb 12, 2011, 7:10:07 AM2/12/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
In youtube, I saw you rent a place, how much is it?

William Liang

Feb 12, 2011, 8:23:28 AM2/12/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Not sure which youtube you are talking about. It is free to join us
and work on projects together until we need to buy parts and materials
for projects in the future.

Do you mind telling us a bit about yourself? What kind of hobbies do
you have? What kind of project would you like to work on with a group
of people?

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Peter Cheung <cmk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In youtube, I saw you rent a place, how much is it?

--

-William Liang

Peter Cheung

Feb 12, 2011, 11:17:18 AM2/12/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
I am a programmer, and I was teaching embedded programming too. I know arm/x86 programming.
I would like to build robot too.
Please tell me the exact event date time next week and the meeting address?

thanks
from Peter

William Liang

Feb 12, 2011, 8:52:47 PM2/12/11
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Great! I look forward to meeting you. We have a weekly meeting at
BootHK, which is at

231 Queens Rd E, 19/F, Wanchai

eveyy Tuesday at 8pm.

I would also encourage you to join our facebook group called "hackjam"
or "hackjam.hk" so that you are up to date with our group
communications.

See you on Tuesday.

--

-William Liang