How to input non-breaking space?

David Baril

Jun 13, 2020, 9:55:55 AM6/13/20
to hackerskeyboard
I've noted that the circle key long press will act as a compose key but I am trying to find the valid key combinations. Specifically, I would like to know the combination that will produce the non breaking space character (U+00A0).

Darren Salt

Jun 14, 2020, 6:05:23 PM6/14/20
to hackers...@googlegroups.com

David Baril

Jun 16, 2020, 12:30:02 PM6/16/20
to hackerskeyboard
Thanks very much for the pointers. I tried the "<Compose> <Space> <Space>" but, for some reason, that didn't work for me (although I am able to create other symbols with Compose).

Thanks to for directing me to the code, although on first inspection, I did not see the assignment for the NBSP.  I will continue to investigate as I am able.  In the meantime, I've found a workaround using a text expansion app that reliably inserts the NBSP when needed.

Thanks.

David Baril

Jun 16, 2020, 12:37:06 PM6/16/20
to hackerskeyboard
Sorry!  I found the code for <Compose> <Space> <Space>  [line 280  put(" ", " ");]

Nonetheless, it doesn't seem to work for me.