where did the keyboard go?

Emmanuel Goldstein

Oct 18, 2018, 8:18:38 PM10/18/18
to hackerskeyboard
got a new phone, google play link no longer works.

Riaan Aspeling

Oct 22, 2018, 2:19:08 AM10/22/18
to hackerskeyboard
Yes ... what happened to this keyboard in the Google Play store ....

Klaus Weidner

Oct 22, 2018, 11:43:51 AM10/22/18
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about the inconvenience, it got delisted for allegedly violating the Play Store deceptive ads policy, I've appealed and am looking into alternatives. More here: https://github.com/klausw/hackerskeyboard/issues/668#issuecomment-431315004

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 23:19 Riaan Aspeling <riaan.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes ... what happened to this keyboard in the Google Play store ....

Beverly Howard

Oct 22, 2018, 12:15:41 PM10/22/18
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
As a programmer, I kinda deduced that you finally got tired of users of this great free tool making demands to add and change things. ;-)

Can we assume that it is possible to safely download the apk from your github page and sideload it until this get's cleared up?  I note that the version number there is the same as the version number on my current installs.

Related question... I could not find any donation options on your site.  What is the best way to donate in order to say thanks?  ...in my case, its way overdue.

Thanks again,
Beverly Howard

Klaus Weidner

Oct 22, 2018, 2:05:49 PM10/22/18
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the github release APK should be identical to the Play Store version, it's using the same signing key and updates are possible among them without having to uninstall/reinstall.

I intentionally don't have a donation link at my employer's request. Honestly, considering the level of entitlement some users were showing, I worry how bad that would get if they actually did give me money ;-)  At least this way I don't feel as guilty about the lack of updates.

Beverly Howard

Oct 22, 2018, 10:29:14 PM10/22/18
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
>>  level of entitlement some users were showing <<

Don't give them that power!  I learned my lesson many years ago.

If you have a moment, you might take a look at

Beverly

Bruno Boettcher

Nov 11, 2018, 3:01:15 PM11/11/18
to hackerskeyboard
So sorry to hear you got problems....
As a lot of lazy users, I noticed this problem only after having to re install my tablett......
thanks a lot for your keyboard app, if i can help anyway getting it back into the play store let me know
thanks to the link to the github page i can use it again (i was getting really worried here....)
but still.... its one of the apps that make android bearable....

take care
Bruno

Klaus Weidner

Nov 20, 2018, 3:47:18 AM11/20/18
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
I've uploaded v1.40.1 to the Play Store, and it seems to be visible again. The APK and some notes on the new version are also on the github release page: https://github.com/klausw/hackerskeyboard/releases