re: Personal Dictionary

EP Pack

Feb 22, 2019, 12:52:33 PM2/22/19
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, my brand new Galaxy Tab 4 runs 8.1, but it doesn't have an entry for "advanced" under L&I, let alone "dictionary", darn it. Searching for it doesn't turn it up either.

------

Elaine Pack

Sent from my phone/tablet. Please excuse any temporary top posting, brevity or tpyos. I AM an IT professional, but not necessarily in this hardware or software.

On Feb 21, 2019, at 5:27 PM, EPPack <epp.7t...@gmail.com> wrote:

W/ my Moto G5+ (Oreo 8.1), the personal dictionary is quickest found under Settings > Type "Dictionary" (in top-most Search bar) > Personal Dictionary (as 1st option) > Personal Dictionary (toward bottom of screen > Choose language of dictionary > Edit to 1's heart's content 😀

Else, [ Settings > System > Languages & Input » Advanced > Personal Dictionary > Choose language ] is the long way.

As always, any long-press added words are here, too, but whatever can be added here — e.g., I often add alternative capitalizations of terms

-----
Elaine Pack
Charlotte NC
Sent from my phone. Please excuse any brevity or tpyos!

Beverly Howard

Feb 22, 2019, 3:14:14 PM2/22/19
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
It's confusing, but it is there... don't have a samsung (in large part because they change standards such as this one) but these discussions might help;

Note that even when you find "personal dictionary" the dictionary could still be hidden... for example, using
Settings > System > Languages & Input » Advanced > Personal Dictionary > Choose language > Personal dictionary
It's not under "All Languages" by default.

Hope that this information helps in the quest.
Beverly Howard

EP Pack

Feb 22, 2019, 3:50:23 PM2/22/19
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
The Samsung keyboard does have a setting for "predictive text" also, who knew? But there is nothing relevant relating to any dictionary, personal, etc, shown for the hackers kb. There isn't even an "advanced" option under L&I, it was under "onscreen kb" for the samsung, and that one was also on my GS8 8.0 phone. It's gotta be somewhere tho, right?

------