Changing defaults in source code

retr0sp3kt

Jun 9, 2013, 5:30:35 PM6/9/13
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
I am making my own personal version of this so that I do not have to configure it each time. I have found the default height value (main > res > values > size-defaults.xml > default_height_portrait) but can not find values to choose which keyboard theme to default to, spellcheck defaults, or anything else like this. does anyone know where they are?

Klaus Weidner

Jun 11, 2013, 1:07:31 PM6/11/13
to hackers...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what you mean - if you need to reconfigure it each time you use it, that would be a bug. Or are you referring to reinstalls?

For reinstalls, the current prerelease at https://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/downloads/list should support the Android cloud backup service. Or, if you have a sufficiently new Android version, 'adb backup' should be able to save and restore settings.

If you do want to edit it in source, first check the preferences, i.e. res/xml/prefs_view.xml, to see if the default is stored there directly, or if it's an @ reference to a resource file such as a res/values/strings.xml entry.

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM, retr0sp3kt <retr0...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am making my own personal version of this so that I do not have to configure it each time. I have found the default height value (main > res > values > size-defaults.xml > default_height_portrait) but can not find values to choose which keyboard theme to default to, spellcheck defaults, or anything else like this. does anyone know where they are?

Nelson Hoover

Jul 10, 2020, 5:16:42 PM7/10/20
to hackerskeyboard
I'm also trying to edit the default settings in source so that my build runs with those settings right away on install.
I tried changing the values in places like the prefs_view.xml, but the changes are not applied when it first runs. I need to open Settings, then close it, to get them to apply. Any tips for getting them to apply right away?
Thanks!