How to ALWAYS show special chars bar?

Claudia Svenson

Sep 4, 2020, 10:00:21 AM9/4/20
to hackerskeyboard

Occasionally when Hackers keyboard is shown (on Android 10) the special chars bar (with orange chars) in the top row IS NOT displayed. Instead the just typed text is display.

This happens e.g. when I want to enter something in WhatsApp.

In other cases the special chars bar is displayed.

I couldn't figure out what the reason is.

How can I force HK to ALWAYS show the special chars bar/keys?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Salvador Barqueros Provencio

Feb 23, 2022, 6:52:58 AM2/23/22
to hackerskeyboard
You may already know, but just in case.
Open Settings for Hacker's Keyboard (quick tap over the enclosed dot key), and enable Show Suggestions.
Customize the Suggested punctuation character buffer to your liking, with any character sequence. I use it to have at hand a bunch of technical characters.