Fwd: Very sad news to report regarding John Hunter

Anthony Scopatz

Aug 27, 2012, 11:24:00 PM8/27/12
Hello All,

Sorry to bear ill tidings, but as some of you may know one of the pillars of
Scientific Computing in Python - John Hunter, original matplotlib author -
has been very sick at the UofC hospital.  Unfortunately, he has just been
taken off of life support.

Still, there may be a possibility of aiding the family.  Below is a quote from
Fernando:

I want to particularly thank Eric Jones and the rest of Enthought for
the support they have provided us in these trying times.  Immediately
upon hearing of John's predicament, Eric thoughtfully set up a 'Take
the Hunters to dinner' solution that we greatly appreciate.  None of
us can fix the larger problem at hand.  But providing Miriam an easy
solution to handle a meal with a convenient delivery while she has to
juggle the many challenges that will overload her and the girls in the
upcoming weeks, is a great way to help keep life on the rails.  If any
of you would like to participate, I've pasted the instructions below.

Thanks to all for your thoughts.  Please feel free to pass this update
to those you feel would be interested.

Fernando.

### Instructions for CEO Deliveries, as provided by Majken from
Enthought ("Majken Tranby" <mtr...@enthought.com>).

Call CEO Deliveries, Inc at  (312) 733-5019 and reference account #
7275-6683-3290-5162.  You can donate using your credit card in any
amount.  The company is aware of what we are doing and that there may
be multiple people calling in to fund the account.  If for some reason
there is an issue, ask for Larry, Johnny or Shenay.  For more
information on the company visit

So if any one is interested in going in on a meal or two with me for the
rest of Hunter clan, please let me know.

Be Well
Anthony