Next Meeting -- straw poll

inimino

Mar 8, 2009, 10:31:27 PM3/8/09
to hacker-news...@googlegroups.com
Today's meeting covered exercises up to 2.10.

I'll try to get logs posted later this evening.

In IRC today we had several suggestions for when to hold the next
meeting. As it stands the next meeting is to be determined, so
please share any thoughts you may have.

Should we continue to have weekly meetings, or go back to bi-weekly?

Should we maintain a bi-weekly pace through the text, working on the
same section for two weeks, but with one optional meeting in the off
weeks for those who have time and want to get into more in-depth
discussions?

Is there anyone who can't afford the time for weekly meetings but
would be able to make it bi-weekly?

Is there anybody working through the book who can't make the current
meeting times at all but would if it was at a different time?

Any other thoughts?

-inimino

--
http://inimino.org/~inimino/blog/

Chris Conley

Mar 10, 2009, 10:52:03 PM3/10/09
to hacker-news...@googlegroups.com
> Should we maintain a bi-weekly pace through the text, working on the > same section for two weeks, but with one optional meeting in the off > weeks for those who have time and want to get into more in-depth > discussions? This would be ideal for me; one week I may have a lot of time to go through a section, but the next week not so much. This allows my pace to be averaged somewhat. Even though we met this past week, I think it would work if we finished section 2.1 (ex 2.16) this sunday. We could then go back to one meeting every two weeks.

Mario Romero

Mar 11, 2009, 1:34:46 AM3/11/09
to hacker-news...@googlegroups.com
I agree on both counts.

aamar

Mar 11, 2009, 11:08:23 AM3/11/09
to Hacker News Reads SICP
Also fully agree. This schedule would work well for me.