Fwd: [PMO Network] Final Text: Declaration on Parliamentary Openness

Ben Teeuwen

Aug 18, 2012, 12:59:13 AM8/18/12
to hack-de-...@googlegroups.com, te...@hackdeoverheid.nl, bes...@hetnieuwestemmen.nl, Organisatie
fyi

Begin doorgestuurd bericht:

Van: Andrew Mandelbaum <amand...@ndi.org>
Onderwerp: [PMO Network] Final Text: Declaration on Parliamentary Openness
Datum: 18 augustus 2012 00:03:18 CEST

Dear Colleagues,

I'm pleased to send you the following items:

- Declaration on Parliamentary Openness final version in .docx format
- Declaration on Parliamentary Openness final version with track changes and comments included so you can review the changes made from the previous version to the current release
- Declaration on Parliamentary Openness in .pdf format
- The list of supporting organizations as it currently stands in .pdf format

All of these documents will be released in other formats, including .odf, on OpeningParliament.org shortly.

For the organizations that have offered to translate the Declaration (we have offers to translate into French, Arabic, Spanish and Russian), please feel free to begin! We plan to print the Declaration in early September and would be happy to do so in your language if we can receive it by then.

A big thanks to those who provided comments and input into the Declaration. It has been a rewarding and extremely interesting process and we hope that we were able to do your input justice. Please note that not all comments have been taken into account in the Declaration as provided here. Many comments will be included in the Declaration's commentary, which we envision will serve as a living document at OpeningParliament.org. We hope to release this shortly. In the version of the Declaration with track changes, we have sought in some instances to provide brief explanations for why particular suggestions may or may not have been included (and sometimes where they may have been included, including in the commentary or in a different provision than the one that they may have originally sought to revise), although I admit that this is not complete. If you have any questions or concerns about comments you made, please let us know and we can try to explain why some decisions have been made in the way that they have. In some instances, there may have been differences among organizations as to how particular issues should be treated. We have tried to be inclusive wherever possible and hope to ensure that the commentary reflects the variety of opinions. If you spy any egregious errors, please let us know and we might be able to make some last minute fixes before translations are complete.

Many thanks to all of you and we look forward to launching the Declaration on September 15th!

Best,
Andrew

Ps. We will share a cover idea with you shortly...
--
Andrew G. Mandelbaum

Senior Program Officer, Governance
National Democratic Institute

Skype: agm3jordan
Twitter: agm3dc

National Democratic Institute
455 Massachusetts Ave., NW, 8th Floor

Washington, DC  20001

Declaration on Parliamentary Openness - Final - No Commentary or Logos 08.17.12.docx
Declaration on Parliamentary Openness - Final - No Commentary - Track Changes.docx
Declaration on Parliamentary Openness - Final - No Commentary or Logos 08.17.12.pdf
Declaration on Parliamentary Openness - List of Supporting Organizations - 08.17.12.pdf