The Android App is UP!

allen.reece

Apr 22, 2011, 8:04:11 PM4/22/11
to Habit Judo
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.habitjudo.v1&feature=search_result

The App is up on the Android Marketplace at 99¢. It is a first draft,
but there will be free updating upon purchase. It currently is
designed for beginners, taking you up to 5 habits.

Features to be added over the next week:

1. Input current points (so intermediate and advanced folks can pick
up from their spreadsheets)
2. Full belt progression
3. Notifications
4. better graphics
5. Reward notifications

Heather Ann

Apr 24, 2011, 2:16:47 PM4/24/11
to Habit Judo
I downloaded the app but it's not working for me. On the Market page,
you have two screenshots: I can't get to the second one. If I press
"Setup", I get something where I can type in my habits. If I press
"Check-in"... I get the same screen. I don't get the screen with the
checkboxes, so I can't mark my habits as done.

Also, the 'Information' takes me to information about the Habit Judo
concept itself (which is all well and good) but no info about how to
use the app itself. I assume that's in the works?

I have a Nexus One running Android version 2.3.3.

Oh, and I was charged $0.99 CAD, oddly enough. (It said it was $0.94
CAD on the Market page.)

Am looking forward to a more functional app, and I think notifications
will be a great addition!

Heather Ann

On Apr 22, 8:04 pm, "allen.reece" <allen.re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://market.android.com/details?id=com.habitjudo.v1&feature=search...

Thomas Idzikowski

Apr 24, 2011, 3:57:33 PM4/24/11
to habi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Heather, Thanks for your feedback - it helps us get better and know where we need to catch up.We will have a walk through of the application soon. As for your issue with the Check-In screen - if you haven't entered at least one new habit the app sends you back to the setup screen. I hope that helps. An update with notifications will be available later this week.
- Tom I. (App developer)

HeatherAnn Kaldeway

Apr 24, 2011, 3:59:34 PM4/24/11
to habi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thomas,

I have added 2 new habits and it's still sending me to the set up screen. Thanks!

Heather Ann

Thomas Idzikowski

Apr 24, 2011, 4:01:30 PM4/24/11
to habi...@googlegroups.com

I will check against 2.2.3 and see whether there is a conflict. Sorry for the trouble! - Tom

HeatherAnn Kaldeway

Apr 24, 2011, 11:40:57 PM4/24/11
to habi...@googlegroups.com

Thomas, I figured it out. I had added 3 habits and it wasn't happy until I added 5 (though I am on level 1 and can't do habits 4 and 5 yet). Confusing! But at least now I get the checkbox page.

Heather Ann

Thomas Idzikowski

Apr 25, 2011, 10:39:33 AM4/25/11
to habi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Heather,

The last thing we want is to be confusing. We have taken that particular check out of the new version. Thanks again for your input.

- Tom

HeatherAnn Kaldeway

Apr 25, 2011, 10:52:02 AM4/25/11
to habi...@googlegroups.com
Great! If it's possible, it should probably only check that you have enough habits for the level you're on.

On that note, here's another confusing thing: I go to Check-in, check off Habit #1, save. Good. Now I go back to the check-in screen to check off habit #2. Habit #1 doesn't have a checkmark, but I can't add a checkmark to it either. It's unresponsive (because it's already saved?). I can still check off Habits #2 and #3. If I don't check the other habits and leave them all looking unchecked, then save and go back to the main screen, I see that I do have points for Habit #1, so the app does remember my accomplishment. It just doesn't show me that on the check-in screen.

A little visual cue (ideally a greyed-out checked checkbox) would instantly assure me that Habit Judo knows that I already accomplished Habit #1 today.

If I can add a wishlist, it would include: being able to see my history with the app, notifications, and being able to edit my habits without losing my history; e.g. if I gave up on flossing and started cleaning the sink instead, I still want to know how I did with flossing when I was trying that. I recognise this adds a fair amount of complexity! :)

Thanks for working on this and being so responsive!

Heather Ann