Re: Digest for habitjudo@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Sharon Twiss

Jun 9, 2011, 2:54:25 AM6/9/11
to habi...@googlegroups.com
1. Put your cursor is the cell where you want the random number to show up.
2. Instead of a number, you're going to enter a formula, so type this: =RANDBETWEEN(1,10)
3. Press tab and voila!

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM, <habitjud...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/habitjudo/topics

    lotuses108 <lotus...@yahoo.com> Jun 08 01:09AM -0700 ^

    yes, i am seriously techno-impaired. i've added new columns for future
    habits but i don't know how to get the formula for the random number
    selection into the appropriate cells.

    can anyone take me through this, step by step? imagine you're teaching
    a 6-year old!!!

    many thanks,
    felice

--
Sharon Twiss
technical communicator | web writer | instructional designer

lotuses108

Jun 10, 2011, 3:06:11 AM6/10/11
to Habit Judo
thanks sharon...
now i have another techno-impaired question...
the 'points' column no longer seems able to add up the random numbers!
admittedly, i did try to mess around before i sent out my last plea
for help,
so maybe i messed up! is there a formula that goes in that column so
that
the random numbers add up and then add to the total?
i see i'm learning the numbers program the hard way...like a 6-year
old.
many thanks again,
felice