more explanation

goodintentions

Apr 25, 2011, 11:40:41 AM4/25/11
to Habit Judo
I've listened to the tutorial and need a bit more explanation. If I
fail at one of my intentions I get that I deduct the randomly
generated points from my total, however as I have more than one
intention can I still reach my target and gain a reward even if I
consistently fail to meet one of my intentions? Is it just that it
takes longer to get the reward? I'm not clear how that works.

allen.reece

Apr 25, 2011, 1:35:52 PM4/25/11
to Habit Judo
There's two approaches.

1) Just don't add points for each habit you don't complete, which
means you slowly rise in points even if you only complete one habit.

2) Subtract points for each habit you don't complete, which means you
need to complete at least 1/2 of your habits each day to move up in
points

#2 might seem more sensible, but I actually prefer #1. People already
feel guilty enough without losing points, and the punishment aspect
serves as a discouragement to check-in on unsuccesful days.

Hope that helps!

Kevin

May 9, 2011, 1:49:45 PM5/9/11
to Habit Judo
For what it's worth, I am using sort of a compromise between the two
approaches. My default value for a cell is -1 rather than zero. That
way I do slowly lose points, but it's not quite as painful as losing a
random roll value.

I am about 3 weeks in and really loving the program. It seems to be
working much better for me than other things I've tried along the same
lines. Thanks for creating and sharing it!