New and looking for the spreadsheet

Chad Shumway

Jan 1, 2013, 2:21:32 PM1/1/13
to habi...@googlegroups.com
So I am just stumbled upon Habit Judo, however I cannot find a download spot for the spreadsheet.  I've watched the videos and read about it, so I could put together a spreadsheet of my own.  But I also don't like to reinvent the wheel, can anyone help me out?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Chad

Richard Hiers

Mar 5, 2013, 1:03:40 PM3/5/13
to habi...@googlegroups.com
Chad,

Here are a couple files for you.  The first is the spreadsheet I created from watching the screencast.  The second modified one is a recent modification to make it work better for me.  I was using the iphone app quite happily till recently, when the number of habits was getting unmanageable (12!) and each completed habit barely moved the register.  So I've fallen back to the spreadsheet, but I found the original spreadsheet to be be overly complex, and I never found the belts to be all that motivating.  The motivating factors for me were the randomly increasing points and the rewards (I like a nice cigar!).  So my modified spreadsheet provides only the aspects that I find most helpful.  Notice that there's an explanation tab on the modified sheet.  I created these in Excel on the PC.  Not sure how they will work elsewhere.

I'd love to see the iphone app updated to give more control over the number of habits, an ability to review a log of completed habits, and a more polished interface.

Richard
HabitJudo.xlsx
HabitJudoModified.xlsx