New theme: Sublimate

Kévin Legrand

Jul 31, 2013, 6:27:52 AM7/31/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I made a new theme for a personal project.
It is obviously completely responsive, lightweight and minimal.

I have not integrated sidebar because I will not use it.
When you scroll the page, the navigation bar hangs up the site.

I didn't release this theme yet. But if you want, I can.

What do you think? :)

ScreenShot001.png
ScreenShot002.png
ScreenShot003.png

Colin

Jul 31, 2013, 7:40:28 AM7/31/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Très bon

If you're happy to license it under the APL and share it with the world, I think this would be a great addition to the themes we already have in the habari-extras repo.

Colin Seymour
Blog: http://colinseymour.co.uk
Tech Stuff: http://lildude.co.uk
Barefoot Running: http://barefootrunner.co.uk
IRC: lildude #habari

Kévin Legrand

Jul 31, 2013, 9:28:12 AM7/31/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Thx :) I'll publish a release soon.
Development is complete and functional but I didn't clean and comment the code yet.

Amanda Moore

Aug 1, 2013, 12:52:23 AM8/1/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
I'm so glad to see more awesome theme development going on! Looks superb! (love the little coffee guy on the bottom too!)

Kévin Legrand

Aug 1, 2013, 5:22:34 AM8/1/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Amanda :)

When I decided to return to Habari some time ago, I was disappointed that there was not much themes.
That's why I decided to get seriously back. I love Habari so I will continue to design and develop themes :)

The coffee guy is a webfont named Fontelico. I created my own pack with Fontello.

Konzertheld

Aug 1, 2013, 6:18:19 AM8/1/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
There are way too many themes without a sidebar, so thumbs up for that. :) I like it. How do you create the navigation bars? Are they somehow configurable or auto-created or just plain HTML?

There's an "m" missing in "nickname" in the comment area, btw. :)

Konzertheld

Aug 1, 2013, 6:18:43 AM8/1/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
too few! I meant not enough themes without sidebars! :D

Kévin Legrand

Aug 1, 2013, 6:40:20 AM8/1/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
I hate sidebars but it depends on the content that I want to publish on the blog.
On my personal blog, I don't use it either, but a hidden menu like the Facebook application. Example: http://manoz.fr/ (not responsive yet).

When I read a blog, I like to have the content in full screen without sidebar with 10 billion modules inside.

For this theme, the 2nd navigation (categories) is plain html. I add tags to my posts an then, in the nav, I just put an url like http://www.myblog/tag/news .

And thx for the feedback and the missing "m" :)

Le jeudi 1 août 2013 12:18:19 UTC+2, Konzertheld a écrit :
There are way too many themes without a sidebar, so thumbs up for that. :) I like it. How do you create the navigation bars? Are they somehow configurable or auto-created or just plain HTML?

There's an "m" missing in "nickname" in the comment area, btw. :)

Kévin Legrand

Aug 1, 2013, 6:43:15 AM8/1/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and sorry for double post but you can find a demo of this theme here : http://manoz.fr/sublimate.com/ (not finished yet)