watermarks in images?

TexasMynsted

Apr 19, 2013, 6:09:14 PM4/19/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Anybody using watermarks in their images, as in how imagemagick and automagically insert watermarks?  Perhaps with a forked version of the media silo?

Les Henderson

Jun 11, 2013, 4:09:35 PM6/11/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
I don't, but another service that embeds watermarks on the fly is
https://cloudinary.com/features#social_networks_and_video_sites

Chris Meller

Jun 24, 2013, 8:56:53 AM6/24/13
to Habari Users
There are plenty of tutorials about overlaying watermarks on images in PHP (most of them using GD, not imagemagik, fwiw) online. Be forewarned that that's a really intensive process for PHP to be doing, so you'd definitely want to cache any changed images for a very long time.

I'm not sure what you'd roll into Habari to go with it, that really depends on what you're going for. Adding a new plugin that uses shorttags to insert an image in the post with a given watermark would probably be the easiest. You could probably also hook into the Habari Silo and add a new "insert with watermark" option.