Thoughts on GitHub issues

Konzertheld

Sep 26, 2013, 6:04:57 PM9/26/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

usually we would talk about GitHub stuff in the dev group, but as users also come across issues, I'd like to hear your opinions on this, too.

We are propably splitting plugins and system into several repos. Means, there will no longer be a system repo containing the plugins but several repos, one for each plugin and another one for system. (That is not relevant to all users who run Habari from a zip file.)

So, there were plans to have GitHub issues in the system repo (currently, they are in the Habari repo). The reason was that most issues are really about the core or the plugins, and the Habari repo is actually just a bunch of links to the stuff Habari is made of. Now that we give plugins own repos, too, we might consider:

1) splitting the issues further more - put Flickr issues to Flickr repo, Pingback issues to Pingback repo, core issues to system repo. That is the logical way: Everything where it belongs.

2) not splitting the issues at all - keep everything as it is. That's the simple way: Have everything in one place.

I personally prefer 1) because I'm a logical guy. I like to have separate things separate. But I do not know how that works from a user perspective. So, what I would like to know:

If you come across an issue in FlickrSilo / Pingback / another core plugin / the core itself, where would you think is the right place to put it on GitHub?

Cheers,
Konzertheld