OEmbed plugin

Konzertheld

Dec 14, 2013, 5:09:53 PM12/14/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Hello people,

as a client of mine needs it, I made a simple OEmbed plugin. You can just grab a URL and either throw it into a field in the publish form or into a dashboard block. If there is any OEmbed content linked under that URL, the plugin will grab it and make a post of it. In case of the dash block, this will give you a one-click opportunity to publish content (the title is automatically grabbed from the JSON).

If you have any feedback, I'd be happy to see your comment here or your fork on GitHub. I'm pretty sure there is a lot that can be improved, for example, there is currently no way to have any text (except the title) with the embedded content because my client does not need that.

Konzertheld

Les Henderson

Dec 15, 2013, 7:03:30 PM12/15/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
No technical input from me obviously, but I did see that Colin Seymour started work on a similar project that you may or may not have seen. Perhaps he'd be willing to provide some input?

https://github.com/lildude/oEmbed-for-Habari

Konzertheld

Dec 29, 2013, 2:04:41 PM12/29/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
That's true and I know about that one. His plugin is following a different idea: He is using shortcodes to implement certain services. With his plugin, you can embed content in regular posts. My approach is to have embeddable content posted quick and simple: Just copy a URL, the content will be detected automatically, no need - and no chance - to make edits.